Scout question

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
lbmofo
Re: Scout question

Post by lbmofo » Sat May 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Hub's wall port is connected to the L2 of the adapter that's feeding the dsl modem through L1 right?

shahniraj

Post by shahniraj » Sat May 29, 2010 4:27 pm

i have one 3 pin adaptor which i bought fm home depot go in to where dsl line comes in house - one cable fm modem/router goes into L1, L2 cable goes into wall port of hub - yes thats correct as you said. whats wrong?

shahniraj

Post by shahniraj » Sat May 29, 2010 7:39 pm

anyone?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat May 29, 2010 11:56 pm

The adapters you got are these right?

If so, check to see if your wall jack at the Hub and the one you are trying to connect the Scout to has 2 pairs connected like this: Inside 2 pins are L1 (blue pair) and outside 2 pins are L2 (orange pair)

shahniraj

Post by shahniraj » Sun May 30, 2010 2:14 pm

the adaptor is same as this picture

as far as bottom picture goes - which wall outlet do i open to see if it matches - the one where hub is hooked up where the dsl line comes in house or other wall outlets around the house where i was trying to hook up scout?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon May 31, 2010 1:10 am

Both. Depending on what you see, you can debug what your problem might be. What we talked about as far as using the adapters works if your wall jack is wired for at least 2 pairs; L1 on the inside and L2 (or some other color pair) on the outside pins.

shahniraj

Post by shahniraj » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:18 pm

ok just checked the telephone jack where i was hooking up scout and it is identical to your second picture

i just went to check the jack where hub is connected and noticed it looks different - is it because i am hooking up router/modem directly to telephone network interface (where dsl line comes in house)? there is bunch of wiring but it looks diff fm your picture? the cover on this jack says telephone network interface (i believe its also called NID) - let me know. hoping this is something i can solve.....?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Does the jack by the Hub have different colored wires? Or are blue pair and orange pair just switched up?

If blue and orange wires are just switched up, try this: use the adapter in the wall jack by the Hub, plug Hub's "wall" port into L2 but on the Scout side, don't use the adapter; just plug the Scout directly into the wall jack.

There is a possibility that the walljack by the Hub is a dedicated wire bunch from the NIB and the rest of your wall jacks are not connected to this bunch. In this case, you'll have to splice a clean non DSL pair together (could be blue or orange depending on what is feeding the DSL at the wall jack by the Hub) at the NIB using splice connectors: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6853&start=50#p51013 then use the adatpers as we talked about.

shahniraj

Post by shahniraj » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:35 pm

ok i could not figure that out since its hard to tell - i have pics but how do i upload them here?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Groundhound wrote:Below the text entry box when you compose a post, you will see a tab called "Upload attachment". Click on that tab and select your picture file by clicking on the Browse button and then click on "Add the file". Files should be less than 250 KB and in a compatible format like .jpg. Click on Preview to see how your post will look before you submit it - the preview will appear above the text entry box.