How do I get my sip credentials?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
swapped
How do I get my sip credentials?

Post by swapped » Mon May 31, 2010 3:05 pm

Hello,

I read somewhere that ooma is now/very soon giving out sip credentials to its customers for use with mobile phone clients / softphones. How do i obtain my credientials or are they not doing that yet?

Thanks

sfhub

Re: How do I get my sip credentials?

Post by sfhub » Mon May 31, 2010 10:27 pm

I think you are jumping the gun.

They have said they are coming out with an iPhone client. In the process of doing that, they essentially will be set up for BYOD with a little work.

I don't know if they have decided whether they will do BYOD or not.

If they decide to do BYOD, then you can look at getting SIP credentials.

swapped

Post by swapped » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:45 am

just what i read on some forums. I read that the they definately said that one the app was out that we would be able to get sip credentials to use on other phone platform clients. I just wan't sure if this had happened yet.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:21 am

swapped wrote:just what i read on some forums. I read that the they definately said that one the app was out that we would be able to get sip credentials to use on other phone platform clients. I just wan't sure if this had happened yet.
That was months ago. Months ago is like years ago for a nimble startup like Ooma. Priorities may have changed and they may no longer be interested in pursuing mobile or SIP as a platform. All we really know is that they're no longer interested in talking about it.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

Davesworld

Post by Davesworld » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:51 pm

swapped wrote:just what i read on some forums. I read that the they definately said that one the app was out that we would be able to get sip credentials to use on other phone platform clients. I just wan't sure if this had happened yet.
Probably a forum where I told a poster it wasn't so, one who linked me back to a Rich Buchanan tweet from before he left Ooma which was CES pre-buzz in itself back in January. The iPhone app was inadvertently released prematurely but pulled back shortly thereafter.

Trust me, if sip credentials were already available to us, there are many of us here with very good ATA equipment that would be all over it like a Hobo on a half eaten Hot Dog.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:14 pm

The iPhone SIP client will soon go to beta - we were aiming to start it within 1-2 weeks.
Bobby B

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:21 pm

You need volunteers?

JohnW

Post by JohnW » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 am

Hi,

I'm excited about SIP or other ooma support on iDevices. My main request would be to allow configuration of bluetooth devices with mic to work on the ipad. I configured a SIP client through GVoice, Gizmo5, sip sorcery, and sip gate (described here: http://ipad-candy.com/ipad_phone_calling/) however, the bluetooth mic/headsets did not work on the SIP client. That's a HUGE disappointment. as it would be VERY nice to have calling through my pad.

Any who, looking forward to seeing what the ooma team comes up with!

jenkinshouse

Post by jenkinshouse » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Any updates? The "1-2 week" schedule is now three weeks ago. Very interested in looking at the iPhone app.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Bobby B wrote:The iPhone SIP client will soon go to beta - we were aiming to start it within 1-2 weeks.
Bobby said that beta testing would start soon but didn't say when the app would come out.