Phone Only Rings Once

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bamasteve
Phone Only Rings Once

Post by bamasteve » Thu May 27, 2010 4:07 am

For the past few days my phone has only been ringing once. The caller hears a single ring and then some noise and silence until we pick up the phone to say hello. On our side, we hear the phone ring once and then get silence; we pick up the phone to say hello and the caller is still there after hearing the silence....assuming they didn't give up on the call and hang up because of the silence.

I am using a Telo and have it integrated with Google Voice. I did recently start playing around with the google voice settings which I don't completely understand. Perhaps I did something?

crazygrow

Re: Phone Only Rings Once

Post by crazygrow » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:10 am

I'm having the exact same problem. It started right after my number got ported and I finished installation (been installed a few weeks now). Calling out is fine. Hopefully someone can help.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:20 am

bamasteve wrote:For the past few days my phone has only been ringing once. The caller hears a single ring and then some noise and silence until we pick up the phone to say hello. On our side, we hear the phone ring once and then get silence; we pick up the phone to say hello and the caller is still there after hearing the silence....assuming they didn't give up on the call and hang up because of the silence.

I am using a Telo and have it integrated with Google Voice. I did recently start playing around with the google voice settings which I don't completely understand. Perhaps I did something?
Are you using Premier Google Voice Extensions? If so, the default setting is to allow you to "listen in" on a GV call using the speaker in the Telo - this will give the behavior you are experiencing. I chose to just disable GVE totally and use my GV number bare as a front end - just as I had been doing since last summer. Try setting Auto Connect Delay to Disabled.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:22 am

crazygrow wrote:I'm having the exact same problem. It started right after my number got ported and I finished installation (been installed a few weeks now). Calling out is fine. Hopefully someone can help.
Are you also using Google Voice Extensions? If so, then see the above advice. If you are NOT using GVE, then your problem is most likely because the Telo has not yet picked up the new configuratioin after porting your number. Unplug your Telo, wait about 30 seconds, and plug it back in. That will force it to pick up the current configuration from ooma's servers.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.