How's customer service doing?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Ancalagon
How's customer service doing?

Post by Ancalagon » Sat May 29, 2010 12:04 pm

I just got my last Verizon phone bill. Amount Due = $0.00. What a great feeling! :D
I've been very satisfied with my ooma for 3 months now but have been reluctant to recommend it to friends because I had some 'customer service' experiences during my first few weeks. Thank god for the forums. The customer service was abysmal. Has it improved yet? I, thankfully, don't have any problems and would love to recommend this service to everyone I know. But, until I know the customer service has improved, I would only suggest it to my geekiest of friends.

lbmofo

Re: How's customer service doing?

Post by lbmofo » Sat May 29, 2010 12:23 pm

I tell my friends/family to sign up and offer my assistance (before they call customer support).

baccustiger

Post by baccustiger » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:07 pm

I have had a very, very bad experience with Ooma customer service over the past 3 weeks. I bought a new ooma Telo, got it set up, and got my number porting underway. Everything was great. Then, my Ooma box just stops working. Blue lights go dead. No storm, no power surge, just stops. Won't power up. I call Ooma support. They say they'll send me a new one. No problem. I hang up and go on vacation. I get back two weeks later: no Ooma box. (This is the day my number gets ported so I'm losing phone service that day.) I call Ooma Support again. The person I talk to says that the person I spoke with 2 weeks ago was mistaken. Ooma can't send me a new one, I have to contact NewEgg instead. After arguing with this guy for 20 mins, I finally talk to a 2nd level support person. The story changes, they'll fed-ex me a new Ooma box. No problem. I call back a few days later to check on the status of my replacement box. It hasn't shipped yet, they don't know why. They'll check on it. I call back the next 3 consecutive days. They aren't sure what's going on, but they assure me it'll go out for overnight delivery that day. I called again today (Monday) because I still hadn't received a tracking number for the box. They tell me that it went out Late on Friday via UPS GROUND (California to North Carolina)!! So according to current tracking it's going to take 4 ADDITIONAL days until it arrives. Why would you EVER send a telephony device across the country via UPS GROUND? Ooma saves a little $$, but the poor person on the receiving end goes without phone service for 5 days. Unbelievable...

leejosepho

Post by leejosepho » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:01 pm

In spite of my very-very-mixed feeling about Ooma support, I simply *must* say the folks there have *always* been quite friendly and even very patient/tolerant with me. I have become sick of the "troubleshooting drill" that *always* begins with re-checking pre-checked and already-checked cables and connections and then ends up with a finger pointed back at my ISP or my connection speed, and I have specifically refused to listen to some "explanations" I would never have understood anyway.

I have no idea how many people work in Ooma support, but the different levels of training and experience in the first tier is obvious ... and I have found it best to call and get a ticket started then reference it in an e-mail to support@ooma.com and let the folks there take it from there.

1kenthomas

Post by 1kenthomas » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Unbelievably, always bad.

Now I hate AT&T. But the idea of someplace like OOMA, ought to be that they could do better?

Today's first problem: end-user gets OOMA support number. Guaranteed to cause problems.

Second: after 20 minutes on line to support drone, the drone tells them to unplug the OOMA unit they're calling from. OOMA drone calls back to the OOMA line.

Day later, end-user calls support again from cell phone. OOMA drone has them rearrange cables.

Late that day, I get the call. By this time, the cable modem is unplugged. Once that's fixed, who knows what cable is connected to what, and why it's not working. End-user is unable to tell difference between the OOMA box and an "answering machine," and says "now I unplugged this cable, and plugged it in over there."

Next time I'm on site, presuming I ever am, I'll glue-gun everything in place. My guess is that we have a phone cable plugged into an Ethernet port.

Anyway, if there's a moral here, its that you don't tell people who don't know what an Ethernet cable is, to plug and unplug cables. You tell them to find someone who can tell the difference.

Worst of this? End user called in the first place because they couldn't figure out how to pick up voicemail, after being away for a month. (Neglecting the chart taped on the wall).

But I WILL blame that on OOMA. Mark the buttons. Mark the buttons. Mark the buttons.

chase123

Post by chase123 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:20 pm

In Sep 2010 I had terrible customer service my box just quit working after 3 months no power surge, lighting. After 3 weeks of arguing with me I finally received a used box minus the power cord. The ordeal lasted abut 25 days, horrible customer service.

Trinimd

Post by Trinimd » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:41 pm

I must admit the customer service (technical) support are not the brightest.

I called with a question about having a dial tone on all my phones in the house..

I was told to plug in the one of the jacks to the hole that says WALL

Which I now know is not true.

Another time I called regarding the CALLER ID and name not showing up on incoming calls while already on a call..
I was told that this feature has not been released yet..
I told them that it works sometime and I see the caller id and name while on a call. They state that it must be a glitch..
I upgraded my phones to DECT 6.0 Uniden and now i can see the caller id and name while on a call.

Why the lies?
OOMA TELO 1 (Purchased Dec 2009.)
OOMA Telo 2 (Purchased Feb 2010.)
3 Ooma Handsets (Free from refer a friend) Sold all 3 POS on Ebay
2 GE ATT DECT 6.0
7 Uniden 1580 DECT 6.0
20 Refer A friends Completed

All Powered by one Phone Socket