how many minutes can voice mail hold?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Mojo
Ooma Moderator
Re: how many minutes can voice mail hold?

Post by Mojo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:55 am

oomg wrote: Thanks for the response. O.K.; per account. So if I have Premium service with the instant second line, is that considered one account? How about if I have opted to add a third telephone number... still one account?

My prior question still remains: How do users know if they are approaching the limit?
The total number of device accounts your system has is based on number of personal devices you have defined under "Preferences->System" By default, each system has one account called "Shared". Premier users can add a second device and assign it a separate phone number, which will add an additional account AND a separate voicemail box with its own quota.

I'm not too sure about the messaging, but I think there's a message that will play to callers if your inbox has exceeded the 1 GB limit.

oomg

Post by oomg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:07 am

Mojo wrote:
oomg wrote: Thanks for the response. O.K.; per account. So if I have Premium service with the instant second line, is that considered one account? How about if I have opted to add a third telephone number... still one account?

My prior question still remains: How do users know if they are approaching the limit?
The total number of device accounts your system has is based on number of personal devices you have defined under "Preferences->System" By default, each system has one account called "Shared". Premier users can add a second device and assign it a separate phone number, which will add an additional account AND a separate voicemail box with its own quota.

I'm not too sure about the messaging, but I think there's a message that will play to callers if your inbox has exceeded the 1 GB limit.
O.K. So, if I have the Premier service and have assigned the Scout to the second number, I would have then have two accounts, each with 1 GB of message storage space. Have I got this right?

Now, if I have added a third number which is assigned to a second Scout, would I then have a third "account" with a dedicated 1 GB message storage space.

As far as I am concerned so long as messages that I have archived have not been deleted, it works for me. However, if possible, it might be a good idea to provide a warning when the box fills to a certain level... say 90%.

Also, is there an easy way for a user to download archived messages to another medium (e.g. memory stick, CD, etc.).
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

lohertz

Post by lohertz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:20 pm

I thought you could download vm from the lounge

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:54 pm

You can set your voice mail to include a copy of the voice mail with the notification email. It arrives as a .wav attachment.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:43 am

lohertz wrote:I thought you could download vm from the lounge
Yes, you can download voicemail from the inbox in the lounge. It downloads it as mp3.

Zindar

Post by Zindar » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:01 am

33 hours. Wow, that's generous. And it sounds like there's no charge for all this voicemail. I just signed up for ooma, and I can already tell that my old answering machine doesn't have as many features as ooma voicemail, let alone does it hold 33 hours worth.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:43 pm

Zindar wrote: And it sounds like there's no charge for all this voicemail.
That depends. What Ooma device did you purchase? Are you subscribed to Ooma Premier service?

Zindar

Post by Zindar » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 pm

bw1 wrote:
That depends. What Ooma device did you purchase? Are you subscribed to Ooma Premier service?
I have the ooma hub and scout. After more reading, I understand that there are quite a few voicemail related features I only get if I subscribe to premier, but if I read correctly, the actual voicemail itself, along with basic functions like deletion, playback, rewind, fast forward, changing my greeting, are free.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:48 am

Zindar wrote:
bw1 wrote:
I have the ooma hub and scout. After more reading, I understand that there are quite a few voicemail related features I only get if I subscribe to premier, but if I read correctly, the actual voicemail itself, along with basic functions like deletion, playback, rewind, fast forward, changing my greeting, are free.
Yes, if you have Ooma Core service, you get basic voicemail. With Ooma Premier service, you get the extra premier features for voicemail. And with Ooma Basic service, you don't get voicemail.

Curious

Post by Curious » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:53 am

bw1 wrote:
lohertz wrote:I thought you could download vm from the lounge
Yes, you can download voicemail from the inbox in the lounge. It downloads it as mp3.
Where on your hard drive does it get downloaded to?