Ooma shutting down

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
egrotzke
Ooma shutting down

Post by egrotzke » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:56 pm

First off, I have had no issues until today with my Ooma, and am loving it, or was until today.

Now on to my issue.

I went to use my phone today, and realized that there was no dial tone, so I looked at the ooma telo and saw that it seemed to be off (there were no lights on).

I unplugged it, waited a few seconds, then plugged it back in.

The 1 and 2 lights lighted up, then 2 lights below it lit up, then the bottom row of lights starting lighting up from left to right, about 30 times or so. Then the ooma symbol lit up red and started flashing faster and faster, while the 1 and 2 lights were a solid blue.

After the red light sped up to as fast as it could go, all the lights flashed blue for a quarter of a second, then everything went dark.

This happens every time I try to plug it in, and am not sure of where to turn now.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

~Thanks

leejosepho

Re: Ooma shutting down

Post by leejosepho » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:54 pm

I would suggest calling customer service and telling them what is going on. Based on my own experience, I would guess they might have you do a "factory reset" ... then ultimately replace the unit if it is still under warranty.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:27 am

Push the middle button in the top row to see if you accidentally turned the lights off.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

egrotzke

Post by egrotzke » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:48 pm

murphy wrote:Push the middle button in the top row to see if you accidentally turned the lights off.
You sir are a genius... though I am curious why it wasnt working the first time.. Oh well, you seemed to have solved my issue. Thank you very much! :D

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Yes, murphy knows it all. :P

But, why did you not have a dialtone?