Multiple Telos with same number

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
nn5i
Re: Multiple Telos with same number

Post by nn5i » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:44 am

Thanks also to SouthSound. In consequence of your prompt I Googled "Google Voice" and read about it. I had never heard of it elsewhere than right here. It too seems a solution, if we assume Google will continue (1) to exist, and (2) to offer it (3) free. These are not bad bets, considering both the cost of initiating use of it (zero) and the projected cost of losing it thereafter (not too great, a little inconvenience).

These fora are useful tools -- I admit ignorance, and within minutes someone leads me to an answer, or to multiple answers.

Thanks again, guys!

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:28 pm

southsound wrote:As recently as April I seem to recall that one ooma could not multiring another ooma. I'm not positive if this has been fixed or not but I would verify before relying on it working to make a purchase. Murphy - can you verify? I'm down to just one ooma system now. :shock:
I've never had a use for multi-ring but I just forwarded my Telo to the second number on my hub and it rang the Telo and the second number on the hub at the same time. I answered the call on the hub.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:32 pm

nn5i wrote:Thanks also to SouthSound. It too seems a solution, if we assume Google will continue (1) to exist....
That's the least of my worries, I'm more concerned about their "over existence" - that is knowing every single detail about everyone including what percentage of clothing is in the dirty clothes hamper. Oooo - now where did I put that foil hat? :o

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Groundhound wrote: I'm more concerned about their "over existence" - that is knowing every single detail about everyone including what percentage of clothing is in the dirty clothes hamper. Oooo - now where did I put that foil hat? :o
We recently did some remodeling so I don't have to wear mine unless I leave the "room" :

ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:55 pm

southsound wrote: We recently did some remodeling so I don't have to wear mine unless I leave the "room" :

Love what you've done with the place. That padding beneath the foil is très chic!

laraqui

forward to international phone via a local internationalland

Post by laraqui » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:10 am

I have installed my hub in Europe and I have a land line in this european location . I want to be able to forward all my phone calls to a local international cell phone. I.e should a call come via ooma, I want it to be forwarded to my international local cell phone by having ooma hub dialing my cell phone number on the my local international landline. Therefore the forwarding charges will end to be at the local rate. :?:

lbmofo

Re: forward to international phone via a local internationalland

Post by lbmofo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:19 am

laraqui wrote:I have installed my hub in Europe and I have a land line in this european location . I want to be able to forward all my phone calls to a local international cell phone. I.e should a call come via ooma, I want it to be forwarded to my international local cell phone by having ooma hub dialing my cell phone number on the my local international landline. Therefore the forwarding charges will end to be at the local rate. :?:
Don't think you can do that. Landline integration only works within US. If ooma dials the international #, you'll have to burn $ in your international prepaid account.