Adding a separate voicemail greeting for my second line?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
missamo80
Adding a separate voicemail greeting for my second line?

Post by missamo80 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:12 am

I got a "hey you have cool features" message from ooma today that says the following:
Private Number and Voicemail
Choose a second number for your home office from any calling area in the US. Have it ring on all phones distinctively, or set it up so that it only rings your office extension and rolls to a separate voicemail box. This allows you to easily separate your personal and business calls.
This is exactly what I want to do :) I have a second number already selected on my premier account, but I'm at a loss for how to configure the "separate voicemail box". How do I do this?

Thanks!

Neil

murphy

Re: Adding a separate voicemail greeting for my second line?

Post by murphy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:27 am

missamo80 wrote:I got a "hey you have cool features" message from ooma today that says the following:
Private Number and Voicemail
Choose a second number for your home office from any calling area in the US. Have it ring on all phones distinctively, or set it up so that it only rings your office extension and rolls to a separate voicemail box. This allows you to easily separate your personal and business calls.
This is exactly what I want to do :) I have a second number already selected on my premier account, but I'm at a loss for how to configure the "separate voicemail box". How do I do this?

Thanks!

Neil
First you have to assign the second number to a personal device, scout if you have a hub or handset if you have a Telo.
Once that is done call the second number from the personal device you assigned it to and you will be taken through voice mail setup for that number.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

missamo80

Post by missamo80 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:33 am

Oh. So there's no way to do this without buying another piece of hardware?

Neil

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:06 am

Correct.