callers cannot leave voicemail - hangups/missed calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
robcohen
callers cannot leave voicemail - hangups/missed calls

Post by robcohen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi,
Have been noticing a really weird intermitant problem for the past several days: A call comes in that I don't wish to answer that simply goes to voicemail on its own. I hear the caller leaving a message clearly over the Telo and handset speakers but I hear the voicemail 'voice' telling the caller she didn't get the message and to punch (some number) to continue. Most hang up at this point or are disconnected. If I'm lucky they call back and the message comes through.

My settings are not wildly different than default - I have Premier and GVE. Cell phone is also going to GV. Today I finally noticed the message/hangup and the caller dialed me again and was able to leave a message. The error call shows as "Missed" in the call log.

Can anyone help with this? Please let me know what additional data you'd like about my setup. My tcp/ip setup is Cable Modem ->Dlink Dir-825 -> Telo. There are other things connected to the Dlink (printers, NAS) as well as to a gigabit switch attached to the Dlink. I have a Panasonic Dect 6.0 KX-TG6541 cordless (answering machine disabled) with five KX-TGA652 handsets attached to the Telo. I also have two Ooma handsets I bought with the Telo. My phone number was ported a week or two ago. I think this was happening sporadically before the port on 6/25 but can't say for certain as I had accidentally muted all the speakers in my first week or so of use and only restored them to a level where I can hear incoming calls recently.

Voicemail pickup is set to 19 seconds in MyOoma with call screening and email notification with MP3s. Multi-ring is enabled to my cell phone number; require keypress is not checked. I use my GV number as outbound caller-id; advanced options there are defaults. Anonymous call block is enabled; call block message. Ten digit dialing is enabled. This is every setting I can see...

Thanks in advance!

Rob

DTMF

Re: callers cannot leave voicemail - hangups/missed calls

Post by DTMF » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:01 am

It's nothing you can fix from your device or settings. It needs to be fixed on the network side, so you should report it to customer support. Be sure to report the numbers and the date/time that the calls with no voicemail audio came from. Those details would be easier to convey by email.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

robcohen

Re: callers cannot leave voicemail - hangups/missed calls

Post by robcohen » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:14 pm

At least it's reassuring I'm not imagining it :-) Just wish I had been keeping track of the other time it has happened. I'll open a case and report the one number I have and keep a listen for future occurrences. Maybe if I look over call logs for missed calls that are >10 seconds I might find the other ones - or perhaps support will have some advice.

Thanks so much for your response.

Rob