Call Quality support suggestion

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
oomax
Call Quality support suggestion

Post by oomax » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:12 pm

In order for Ooma to research issues with calls their support needs the date, time, call duration, your number and number called along with the type of problem you experienced. Almost all of this information already exists in the Ooma Logs.

Ooma should create a feature allowing users to select a call from their online log and put notes about that call. Then Ooma support could look at the flagged calls in the log. This could work similar to how Google Voice lets users flag a voicemail and send it to their team to improve service. Anyone with bad service can flag a call and let support know their call was sub-par. Ooma could have certain quality options to select (dropped call, echo, voice breakup) or an open field for user notes.

If a user calls support the teams can easily view the list of flagged calls for that user. Even if the user doesn't call support their flagged calls could be combined with data from other users flagged calls to troubleshoot similar issues with the Ooma service. For example, Ooma could be automatically notified of an issue and use the data to track down problems with certain calls terminating in a prefix having quality issues.

This system would make it easier for a user to report problems to support. It would also allow Ooma to automatically track problems with their service & notify support teams.

This suggestion came out of my ongoing frustration figuring out a periodic call echo problem. An issue other users have also reported on the forums. Maybe if I help Ooma streamline their support the feature will help figure out my call quality issue.

murphy

Re: Call Quality support suggestion

Post by murphy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:07 am

Please don't multi-post messages.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

southsound

Re: Call Quality support suggestion

Post by southsound » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:17 am

murphy wrote:Please don't multi-post messages.
murphy, my friend, you sound line that pesky raccoon! :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.