iPhone app cost

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
stephen431
Re: iPhone app cost

Post by stephen431 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:03 am

Bobby B wrote:Totally agree - having Premier should've been enough to get folks started using the Mobile client. We currently have this limitation in our billing system: SIP and International calls require a prepaid account and the only way to create a prepaid account is to purchase prepaid calling credit.

We were hoping to workaround the above limitation by automatically creating the prepaid account with a small starting balance when the Ooma Mobile was enabled. Unfortunately, we weren't able to implement this in time for App store launch - though hopefully we'll have this sometime in the near future.
bryanlyle wrote:I minded having to pony up $10 into my prepaid account in order to use the app. Being a premier customer should have been enough to get going.
Perhaps do what Google does with GV. Give all of your premier customers ten cents.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:06 pm

This is now enabled...
We were hoping to workaround the above limitation by automatically creating the prepaid account with a small starting balance when the Ooma Mobile was enabled.
Bobby B

ladysman

Post by ladysman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Bobby B wrote:This is now enabled...
We were hoping to workaround the above limitation by automatically creating the prepaid account with a small starting balance when the Ooma Mobile was enabled.

Just purchased! :)

Big thanks!
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

scooch

Post by scooch » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks. I just purchased the apps and tested on my iPod Touch, the app and the free minutes are a good reason to keep up with the premier service.

I'm currently in Germany and the call quality sounded great. Will have to test a bit more over the weekend. Will be interesting to see the future upgrade to allow inbound calling.

AndrewScott

Post by AndrewScott » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks for the update Bobby. Just purchased the Ooma app. I was surprised to see there wasn't any Dashboard connection built-in to the app. Will that be added in the future? I would love to pull up a list of my voicemails from the app and play them. And also see the call history from my home phone.

Thanks.

FreePhone

Post by FreePhone » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:57 pm

I was really interested in the Ooma App, until I learned about their pricing structure and cost for the app. I now have no interest at all in Ooma's App. The overall cost is was to much for what you get, in my opinion. I have a ton of AT&T roll over minutes and just can't see any justification in paying all the fees associated with the Ooma App.

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:22 pm

FreePhone wrote:I was really interested in the Ooma App, until I learned about their pricing structure and cost for the app. I now have no interest at all in Ooma's App. The overall cost is was to much for what you get, in my opinion. I have a ton of AT&T roll over minutes and just can't see any justification in paying all the fees associated with the Ooma App.
I also have a ton of roll over minutes (Net10 using ATT) but like the fact that I can use the app on my iPod Touch when at a place that has splotchy ATT coverage but an available WiFi signal. I also like the fact that I get 250 minutes free each month with my Premier subscription. I guess I don't understand the "paying all the fees associated with the Ooma App" thing. I don't pay anything extra unless I go over the free minutes - and even then it is a lot cheaper than cell minutes.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

FreePhone

Post by FreePhone » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:33 pm

southsound wrote:but like the fact that I can use the app on my iPod Touch when at a place that has splotchy ATT coverage but an available WiFi signal.
I think though it really depends on how fast the Internet connect is, that the WiFi signal is connected to.

southsound wrote:I guess I don't understand the "paying all the fees associated with the Ooma App" thing.
$10 for the app and then you have to put $10 on the account.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:14 am

FreePhone wrote:
southsound wrote:but like the fact that I can use the app on my iPod Touch when at a place that has splotchy ATT coverage but an available WiFi signal.
I think though it really depends on how fast the Internet connect is, that the WiFi signal is connected to.
May I very politely say, "DUH"
southsound wrote:I guess I don't understand the "paying all the fees associated with the Ooma App" thing.
$10 for the app and then you have to put $10 on the account.
That is not the case any longer. In an earlier post, Bobby B said they were trying to find a way to add a small balance when you enable the app. They have now done so. You would do well to read the posts made by the moerators - they can be very informative.
Here is that post in case you don't want to scroll up 6 messages:
Bobby B wrote:This is now enabled...
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

BlueiPhone

Post by BlueiPhone » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:49 pm

I was wondering if I do not use all my 250 minutes per month ... Do they roll forward??
Please tell me that they do.... AT&T keeps the roll over minutes for up to 1 year... Please...??? :D

Are the 250 minutes per month from 1st thru the end of the month?? :|

Thank you...

BlueiPhone
Panasonic KX-TG6434 - iPhone 4 w/OOMA app
Comcast 16MB w/Motorola SB6120 Modem @ SB612X-1.0.3.3-SCM00-NOSH - DOCSIS 2
Linksys E4200 @ Firmware Version: 1.0.00
OOMA Telo @ Rev: 1.42086 - Purchased Dec 2009/Replaced July 18, 2010
Premier July 2, 2010