After Porting landline phone number ...

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
owen_yuen
After Porting landline phone number ...

Post by owen_yuen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi:
I activated my ooma hub & received a virtual phone number from ooma.

Question:
After I port my landline phone number to ooma, is my virtual phone number won't be working anymore?

southsound

Re: After Porting landline phone number ...

Post by southsound » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Your ooma number will become your second number if you still are under the Premier trial or if you have subsctibed to Premier. For me, Premier offers a lot of extra features (including the second number) for a very low cost.

Welcome to ooma and to the forum! You're going to like it here. :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

micallen

Post by micallen » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:43 am

After the free trial of Premier, will the virtual # go away? I ask, because I get a TON of creditors calling on that virtual # (I guess looking for the last owner of that #). I went to my profile to see if I could just delete or remove that number, but I can't.

(woo hoo... 1st POST !! :D )

ooma Telo
https://www.partsnow3d.com/

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:34 am

Hello,

Without premiere, you would only have basic service with just the main number.
With premiere, you also have the option to blacklist those creditor numbers.

oom101

Post by oom101 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:46 am

Under Premier, try forwarding them to the weather service or time of day until Premier goes away and takes them with it. By the way, I heard that for $10 or some such, you can call Ooma and get another number. Tell them the number is getting harassing calls. Then you might want the new number they give you, and keep both with Premier, etc.

McGee

Post by McGee » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:38 am

southsound wrote:Your ooma number will become your second number if you still are under the Premier trial or if you have subsctibed to Premier. For me, Premier offers a lot of extra features (including the second number) for a very low cost.

Welcome to ooma and to the forum! You're going to like it here. :cool:
My experience porting my home number to Ooma was that my Ooma number did not become my second number but disappeared. I was in my trial period with Premier at that time and perhaps that is why. Also my port occurred on a Saturday (as a result of ATT not releasing it until overnight on the specified port day, a Friday) and perhaps had I waited until Monday the Ooma number would have reappeared. But the Ooma number was very like my cell phone number and my GV number, so I didn't want to take a chance it would be reassigned.

My Ooma number was reassigned to me very efficiently by the support team when I called. Moreover he double checked that it was functioning by calling me on the number. That's good service. (Thanks Manuel)

I think you're right that Premier offers some services that make it worth the money to me. However, were it priced any higher I think I might have to pass.