Unused Ooma Scouts

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
toddbecker
Unused Ooma Scouts

Post by toddbecker » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Moderators, please feel free to delete this post if it is found to be inappropriate.

I love the ooma system, including the additional functionality provided by ooma scouts. I know there are many here who are not using their scouts. I think this would be a great forum for users to unload those pesky boxes of hardware sitting around gathering dust.

A few have shown up on eBay, and I can't find any on Craigslist in Chicago. I could use two more Scouts and would like to avoid full retail price if possible.

Ideally, this should go in its own forum so as not to clutter up all the other information.

mrjlw2480

Re: Unused Ooma Scouts

Post by mrjlw2480 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:03 pm

toddbecker wrote:Moderators, please feel free to delete this post if it is found to be inappropriate.

I love the ooma system, including the additional functionality provided by ooma scouts. I know there are many here who are not using their scouts. I think this would be a great forum for users to unload those pesky boxes of hardware sitting around gathering dust.

A few have shown up on eBay, and I can't find any on Craigslist in Chicago. I could use two more Scouts and would like to avoid full retail price if possible.

Ideally, this should go in its own forum so as not to clutter up all the other information.
I am a DSL customer using "naked dsl" thru my phone company with the Ooma system. I am not using my scout at all and it is still in the original packaging that it came in. I would be interested in selling you my unused scout if you are still interested.

Shell

Post by Shell » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:08 am

Just wanted to say to anyone interested in selling their scouts. I placed mine on Ebay yesterday and it sold within 2 hours. If you notice when you click to buy a scout through the lounge it says this: WARNING: We are out of stock. We are taking backorders that will ship in 4-6 weeks. So now is the time to sell it if you don't need it.

oomg

Post by oomg » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:13 am

When I bought my first ooma system, I decided to purchase additional Scout units. I picked up three through ebay at an average price of $35, including shipping. All three were unused.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

Wilsonium

Post by Wilsonium » Tue May 05, 2009 12:13 am

I'd be interested in picking up some ooma scouts for a reasonable cost and even better if in the SF Bay Area for local transaction. I need at least one, maybe two more.

oomg

Post by oomg » Tue May 05, 2009 6:13 am

Wilsonium wrote:I'd be interested in picking up some ooma scouts for a reasonable cost and even better if in the SF Bay Area for local transaction. I need at least one, maybe two more.
Try looking in Craigslist for SF Bay area. I have seen several units for sale in that area during the past 2-3 months.

For those of you in the Seattle-Tacoma area, here is a Scout that was posted on 4/30/09: "New OOMA SCOUT - Opened but never used - $25 (Lynnwood)"
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/for/1147870013.html

I don't know if it is still available, but certainly a good price if it is.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.