Ooma stopped working

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dhmorrow
Ooma stopped working

Post by dhmorrow » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:27 am

Long story short, last night I unplugged my Ooma to see if it had anything to do with my poor MLB.tv reception. It didn't. I forgot to plug it back in until this morning. When I plugged it in this morning, it no longer works. All I get is the flashing red logo and a fast busy signal beeping sound on my handset.

What happened?

I have reset the modem, router, etc. Have reset the Ooma as per a suggestion elsewhere. In the few months I have had it set up, I have not had any problems. The few times that the power went out or something similar, it always reset itself without any help from me. I have waited a few hours now and nothing has changed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

murphy

Re: Ooma stopped working

Post by murphy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:01 pm

How is it connected?
modem -> ooma -> router

or

modem -> router -> ooma

Have you configured ooma to use the built in MAC address? Probably not if you did a factory reset.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

oom101

Post by oom101 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:39 am

Did it start working?

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:42 am

Looks like telo is back in business.

dhmorrow

Post by dhmorrow » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:47 am

Sorry I did not get back to you guys! I totally forgot. Now, here is the punchline: I put the stupid line in the wrong jack. Total idiot! I can't remember the details and don't want to remind myself of them anyways. You get the idea. LOL!