DISPLAY OF BLOKED CALLER ID

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
DISPLAY OF BLOKED CALLER ID

Post by 9254840811 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Can you provide a method to force Blocked caller ID to be displayed. Like forcing the calling party to enter "*82" so that their number is displayed.
Thanks

southsound

Re: DISPLAY OF BLOKED CALLER ID

Post by southsound » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm sure that ooma monitors this thread for requests and has logged yours. It is an excellent suggestion that I believe has been made before.

I might suggest that you call customer support and have them change your forum login to something besides your telephone number. It will prevent a lot of unwanted calls from spammers who use bots to scan forums, etc., for phone numbers.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:25 am

Unless you're referring to something else, they already have that - Anonymous Call Block. If you set it to Call Blocked Message, then the caller will be told that their call is blocked because they're anonymous.

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:43 am

bw1 wrote:Unless you're referring to something else, they already have that - Anonymous Call Block. If you set it to Call Blocked Message, then the caller will be told that their call is blocked because they're anonymous.
You would think I'd know that. I've had Anonymous Call Block on since I got my hub - I just never tried it to see what happens when a blocked call comes in. I'm not sure what I expected it was doing. Thanks, bw1. Even the resident raccoon learned something today. :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 am

Bloked caller id? That's for telling which bloke is calling? Great idea, old chap!