Blacklist not working?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Kneo
Blacklist not working?

Post by Kneo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:05 am

Anyone else having problems with blacklist? When I try to add a number to my blacklist by click on the icon next to the number all I got is a blank white page that is constantly loading. I have tried on three different browsers and get the same thing. Anyone know of a fix or a ETA when it will be working again?

bw1

Re: Blacklist not working?

Post by bw1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:57 am

I'm seeing the same as was reported in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8617

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:04 am

Hello Kneo,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to locate your account with your forum email address. Please send me a pm
with your phone number or Ooma mac address & I can take a look.

Thx

Kneo

Post by Kneo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:29 am

I sent you a email. I also updated my email address. Thank you

azism

Post by azism » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:38 am

I am having the same problem. I have reported it to tech support. They replied with:

Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience if you are encountering issues managing your Blacklist in my Ooma. May I know what type of browser are you using (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari)? We recommend you use Firefox.

Try to do these steps:

- Delete cookies, cache, temporary internet files, browsing history
- After deleting, close your browser and open a new one.
- Try to log-in again, then check if you can manage your Blacklist.

Are you trying to do it on the "Call Logs" page? Another way to add a number for the Blacklist is to go to "Preferences", select "Blacklists". You should be able to see "Add to Blacklist".

If it still doesn't go through, may we know the number so we can add it up for you from our end.

Briefly what I told them in my response to their question for me was:

I have already done the things you suggested. Yes, I am trying to do it from the Call Logs page. I also am using the latest version Firefox (sometimes Avant, but never IE). BTW, from Avant all I get is a small box which says nothing, but I can close it.

When I just tried it using Firefox from the Preferences, nothing happens. However, I do see the following in the status bar:
"Transferring data from ssl.Google-analytics.com"

In the meantime, in the top bar it shows HTTPS://my.ooma.com/blacklists. The blacklist never shows up.

The two numbers I want to add are:
(877) 867-4596 listed as 800 Service (no one was on the line) and
(813) 322-5027 listed as WIRELESS CALLER. This was a case of fraud which I picked up on immediately as they were telling me that was no problem with my credit card without identifying me, the credit card or themselves and then telling me to press 9 for more

Just wondering if this is what is happening to others? For me it just started yesterday. Up until then adding blacklisted numbers has not been a problem.
Tucson, AZ
Customer Since: March 13, 2009
Ooma Hardware: Telo; Linx; Bluetooth Adapter
Service: Lifetime Premier since April 2009

bradforj

Post by bradforj » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:51 am

I am having the same issues. IE and Firefox both have the problems mentioned. Looks like blacklist is dead.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:02 am

Having developers take a look.

dhmorrow

Post by dhmorrow » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:59 am

For what it's worth, my blacklist is not working either. IN Chrome/Iron it just tries to load a new page forever; in IE if almost brings up the box but stops short and ends up showing a white bar about an inch or so tall; in Firefox is shows the Add to Blacklist box for a second but that quickly disappears and it starts trying to load a new page forever.

For months now I have meant to add to the blacklist - especially with all the political calls now days. Now that I finally get around to it, it doesn't work. LOL!

Oh well. Please get it working soon.

ADD: FYI, I am not able to add from either the call log or the preferences > blacklist location.
Last edited by dhmorrow on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheerymonkey

Post by Cheerymonkey » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:15 am

I haven't been able to move items to Blacklist either...tried in both IE and Firefox. Waaaaah, telemarketers are eating my brainzzzzzzzzz.................

hpsan

Post by hpsan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:35 pm

I am having the exact same problem. It was working fine until yesterday.