*99 question for faxes

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bhlonewolf
*99 question for faxes

Post by bhlonewolf » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 pm

I got my fax working by using the *99 prefix -- just wondering, does that work only on the current call (or while the hook is active), or does it flag the ooma so that the next call has the different codec?

Either way I have it working, but what I was trying to do was put the 10 digit number in my fax, and before hitting send dial *99 manually using the hook button. This didn't work, presumably because there was a brief hang up between my *99 and the fax grabbing tone for the line.

I did this b/c I couldn't figure out how to insert a pause in the fax dialing, but ultimately just tried *99xxx-xxx-xxxx with no pause and it worked fine.

Like I said, I don't have a problem here -- everything's working -- just wondering how the Hub handles *99 and if the brief hang up between the two cancels the *99.

murphy

Re: *99 question for faxes

Post by murphy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Yes hang up cancels the *99 mode. Check the legends on all of the buttons on your fax. Many have a button that does pause when entering numbers and something else at other times.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx