Scout stopped working after a couple of months

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
diddlydoo
Scout stopped working after a couple of months

Post by diddlydoo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:32 am

I have the hub and scout combo. I had finally gotten my scout connected downstairs after people from the forum helped me out. :D

It was working great and no issues at all and then just yesterday I noticed the scout had all bottom buttons turned red and the 'ooma' button upper left was red also.

I unplugged the scout and plugged it back in a few times but it still has the red buttons. The hub upstairs is still working fine. What could have gone wrong with the scout? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Groundhound

Re: Scout stopped working after a couple of months

Post by Groundhound » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:41 am

The easiest way to determine if the problem is with the Scout or the wiring is to take the Scout to the same room as the Ooma Hub and use a different phone cord to connect the Scout & Hub's wall ports together. If it works then you have a wiring issue, if not then maybe a Scout/Hub issue.

diddlydoo

Re: Scout stopped working after a couple of months

Post by diddlydoo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks Groundhound. I'll try that out later and report back.

It just seems odd that all of a sudden it just started doing this. I made no changes to anything. It just happened for no reason. If it used to work, I don't think it'd be in the wiring would it? I'll have to give it a try in other room w/hub.

Thanks again for the suggestion.