Callers get busy signal instead of VM when Ooma in use

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
darlinsk
Callers get busy signal instead of VM when Ooma in use

Post by darlinsk » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:40 am

I seem to have a somewhat intermittent, but persistent, issue with incoming calls when the primary Ooma line is engaged.

Here's how I expect it to work:
If I am speaking on the Ooma line and someone attempts to call me, I expect to get the call waiting signal that lets me know there's an incoming call. If I want to take the call, I hit the FLASH key, if not, I ignore it and the call goes to voice mail.

It works like that sometimes, but more often than not, callers get a standard busy signal and I don't get the call waiting beep.

This is a significant issue, and one that would make me give up on Ooma if it can't be resolved. Has anyone else had the same issue? Any suggestions for a resolution? I have a very fast cable connection, so I don't think it's a bandwidth issue.

Configuration:
Ooma hub, no landline integration, cordless phone system with base and remotes.

WayneDsr

Re: Callers get busy signal instead of VM when Ooma in use

Post by WayneDsr » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:17 pm

Do you have a Scout connected?
Have you tried a different phone?

I placed my Scout next to my hub with a second phone attached to the Scout. When a call comes in I get both the beep on the phone and a ring on the Scouts phone. I can either flash over or press line 2 on the Scout. Both ways work fine.

I'm using a Panasonic DECT 6 phone system.

Wayne

darlinsk

Post by darlinsk » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:48 am

Hmmm ... what difference would my phone make? The caller receives an immediate busy signal. Basically what I'm saying is that the Call Waiting feature doesn't work most of the time. I do have a scout connected, but no phone attached to it. I use it exclusively as an answering machine.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:49 am

Phones make a big difference. It doesn't hurt to try.

Wayne