Bought a Used Ooma Hub

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mattwj2005
Bought a Used Ooma Hub

Post by mattwj2005 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:24 am

Hey Everyone,

I bought a used Ooma Hub including shipping and handling it was $80.50. I just want to verify that that transfer of ownership is $79.99.

Looking back it probably wasn't the best investment, but if all goes well I should have a nice Ooma for my mom. Here are my questions:

1. How hard is it to transfer ownership?
2. How long does it take?
3. Do you lose Cable Internet access if you if you transfer a Charter Voice number? (You know like with DSL)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Matt

murphy

Re: Bought a Used Ooma Hub

Post by murphy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:24 pm

1. The previous owner must give Ooma permission to transfer ownership so they know it wasn't stolen.
2. Don't know.
3. Canceling a cable company's phone service should not affect your TV or internet service.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

hackerguy

Post by hackerguy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:10 pm

I just went through the process of trying to register a used Ooma hub I bought from Ebay. My original hub was hit by lightening. The hub I bought worked but had been previously activated. Customer service said they had to contact the previous owner to get their permission to let me activate it. The previous owner refused to give that permission. Also, they were going to insist that I pay another $79.99 activation fee. So now I am stuck with the hub unless I can get the ebay seller to take it back. I went ahead and bought a Telo which was activated today. I was reluctant to buy the Telo because I also have 2 Scouts which wont work with the Telo. I have been an Ooma user for just over a year and was forced to use a Magic Jack for 2 weeks while I worked out this problem. Glad to be back on line with Ooma. I hope you have a better experience.

mattwj2005

Post by mattwj2005 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:30 pm

How long does a transfer of ownership take if successful?

-Matt

hackerguy

Post by hackerguy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:27 pm

The transfer was completed while I was on the phone with customer service. Less than 30 minutes, then about another 30 minutes for Telo to update itself.

Wendell