Manual Call Forwarding

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
midas
Manual Call Forwarding

Post by midas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:50 pm

Just got my Telo Hub today and for some reason it came with no documentation, so sorry if this is covered somewhere. I did try to search the forums but had no luck.

On our AT&T land line we can set up call forwarding by dialing 72# and then the number to be forwarded to. When we want to turn it off we just dial 73#.

I know this can be done via the my.ooma.com web portal. But my wife is very (as in VERY) tech phobic. She knows how to do it now and just wants my NEW TOY to work the same way. So, can this be done in a similar fashion?

While I'm asking, any other star codes that I should know about?

bw1

Re: Manual Call Forwarding

Post by bw1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Well 10 minutes before your post is this one - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8719 asking for the same feature.

No, unfortunately you have to change call forwarding on the my.ooma site.

Your Telo should have come with a Quick Start Guide.
You can download documentation here: https://www.ooma.com/support/documentation

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:13 pm

And here are star codes supported - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7275#p51328

midas

Post by midas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks for the response. Sorry, I hadn't gotten to the Feature Request portion of the forum yet. Just tried searching and came up empty. Went through about 12 pages of search results before I gave up and asked the question.

Needless to say, I second the motion requesting this feature. This one feature alone will have a big impact on the WAF for me.

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:25 pm

I use Google Voice (naked) for my main number. I am able to make it ring my home and cell numbers with just a click. If I am going somewhere I can add a temporary number for the calls to forward to that number. Google Voice is free and does not require Premier.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

midas

Post by midas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:31 pm

southsound wrote:I use Google Voice (naked) for my main number. I am able to make it ring my home and cell numbers with just a click. If I am going somewhere I can add a temporary number for the calls to forward to that number. Google Voice is free and does not require Premier.
I'll pay you $5 if you can explain how that works to my wife. It will be the hardest $5 you ever earned. :D

What seems like just a click to you and me is the end of the world to my wife.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:45 pm

Phone service for those that are technologically challenged:
Attachments
2cansandastring.jpg
2cansandastring.jpg (6.27KiB)Viewed 5007 times

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:17 pm

midas wrote:
southsound wrote:I use Google Voice (naked) for my main number. I am able to make it ring my home and cell numbers with just a click. If I am going somewhere I can add a temporary number for the calls to forward to that number. Google Voice is free and does not require Premier.
I'll pay you $5 if you can explain how that works to my wife. It will be the hardest $5 you ever earned. :D

What seems like just a click to you and me is the end of the world to my wife.
Sorry, my friend, she will have to stand in line behind my bride. I guess landline service still has some appeal to those who don't quite get modern technology. It took me about 8 months to get my bride to understand that when a phone rings she just needs to pick up the one that was illuminated - and then press 1 to accept the call. I use naked Google Voice and have call presentation turned on. With 19 phones, 4 lines, 8 numbers I guess I can't blame her. :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:18 am

midas wrote: What seems like just a click to you and me is the end of the world to my wife.
Under the current my.ooma method the easiest way I can think of is to have your my.ooma login set to "keep me logged in" and then put this link directly on her computer's desktop in a conspicuous location: https://my.ooma.com/calling

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:36 am

You will have to modify the following for your own area and its population statistics, but here's how to explain why she ought to be willing to learn.

"Sweetheart, I know this is difficult, but there are only a very few really excellent ways to obtain superior telephone service while minimizing expense. Of these, Ooma is really the only one that shines above all the rest. The only one! But, Sweetheart, remember that even just right here in Tallahassee there are over 100,000 women."