72# to initiate CALL FWD

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
ajw522
72# to initiate CALL FWD

Post by ajw522 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Ooma should allow us to dial from our phone 72# to enable Call Forwarding like the service you get from the telco. That way, you don't have to log in online to forward your calls. For example, if you are walking out the door and want to forward your calls, you can just dial 72# (or some other code) and then dial the number you want calls forwarded to.
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

midas

Re: 72# to initiate CALL FWD

Post by midas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:39 pm

As pointed out to me, I posted about this same issue in another section at almost the exact time you posted this. Obviously I agree. I just signed up with Ooma today and it's going to be a tough sell to my wife without this feature.

ajw522

Post by ajw522 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:28 pm

midas wrote:As pointed out to me, I posted about this same issue in another section at almost the exact time you posted this. Obviously I agree. I just signed up with Ooma today and it's going to be a tough sell to my wife without this feature.
:) But this seems like such a basic feature. Ooma is ahead of the telephone company's time in many aspects, but then in some areas, they are lacking.
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

wazoo

Post by wazoo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Agreed! This is a big one for me as I have a home automation system that I have automatically set to forward to different cell phones based upon which alarm code entered upon exiting the house.

Very simple with my telco as the computer hooked to my alarm system just executes a script which picks up the phoneline and dials "*72,xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Very surprised that I can't do this with Telo. I wonder if this is even being considered.

MSU23

Post by MSU23 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:08 am

Agree with you all. I am new to ooma and doing my testing with my existing landline, so I can still use a "non-telo" handset to activate call forwarding when in the office, running up to the neighbors or heading out the door. This is huge for me and might be a deal breaker. We will see what tech support and the future enhancement department has to say. Thanks again and I due LOVE my Telo!!
Ooma Telo (user since 08/13/2010)
ATT Dryloop @ 6 Mbps
Ooma wired to all house jacks
NetGear Router
Ooma Telo handset (1)
Uniden DCT648-4 phone system

DanCallies

Post by DanCallies » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:52 pm

I agree as well. This would be a great feature to include, as I've used this feature with every other phone company I've used, and only after reading this forum realized it's missing. Hook us up Ooma, and thanks!

cmeisel

Post by cmeisel » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:37 am

I convinced my father and mother in law to switch their 4 business phone numbers to ooma instead of AT&T.
He was used to forward all calls by dialing a code (maybe it was *72, not sure) but now he has to go to my.ooma which he simply doesn't understand. He is not happy with that and also not that he can only do multiring to one number not several.