Cannot recieve incoming calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
KCJCoop
Cannot recieve incoming calls

Post by KCJCoop » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:40 pm

I have had Ooma since February and been very happy with it. Today, just out of the blue, I can no longer receive incoming calls. The phone rings, but when you answer it, you can't hear anything. It appears to only be affecting our local calling exchange numbers that begin with 473. I can call these people back, and we can hear each other just fine. People outside our local numbers, or cell phone users are able to call in and I can hear them fine. I have searched the forums, and the only issues even remotely similar to mine are all new Ooma hookups. I've had mine for months with no problems! Any ideas what to do?

ntoy

Re: Cannot recieve incoming calls

Post by ntoy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:19 am

Hello,

I noticed you have 2 numbers. Is it happening on both numbers?
If you can send me a pm on recent call examples that would be great.
Please include: date,time, incoming caller's phone number.

Thx

Mad_Scientist

Post by Mad_Scientist » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:55 pm

I am having a similar problem. I have had my ooma for over a year and have had no problems until recently. Now, all incoming call go directly to VM on both lines. I guess I will be calling customer support in the morning.

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Mad_Scientist wrote:I am having a similar problem. I have had my ooma for over a year and have had no problems until recently. Now, all incoming call go directly to VM on both lines. I guess I will be calling customer support in the morning.
Have you checked to see if the little envelope is illuminated? If so, the ooma system is in Do Not Disturb. Hold the button down for about 3-5 seconds and it will toggle off. Let us know if this fixed the issue.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

dlasher

Post by dlasher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm having the same problem... no problem with outgoing, incoming never ring, never even light up line 1. Reboot OOMA box, no change in behavior.

What's going on?!?!?!?

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:42 pm

dlasher wrote:I'm having the same problem... no problem with outgoing, incoming never ring, never even light up line 1. Reboot OOMA box, no change in behavior.
What's going on?!?!?!?
Don't know if you have a Telo or a hub - but my answer is the same. It seems like you have the illumination turned down.
If the hub, there is a little wheel on each side. One side is the speaker volume, the other is brightness. I don't have a hub any longer, but try both knobs. One will work. When the lights go up, you will probably find that the little envelope is lit. Hold it down for about 3 seconds and it will go from "do not disturb" to normal and you will be able to receive calls again.

If you have the Telo, there is a little star icon in the middle of the top three icons. It controls the brightness and has (I think) 4 steps plus off. Press it several times until the lights come up. Then, if illuminated, hold down the envelope key for about 3 seconds and it will go out, restoring your incoming calls.

And since I seem to be the first to reply, welcdome to ooma and to the forum! :cool:
Last edited by southsound on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lifetime Premier Member

dlasher

Post by dlasher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:43 pm

My Hub is in the dark, out in the server rack, in the garage.. The blue OOMA light is quite bright.. no other lights on the box.

dlasher

Post by dlasher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Discovered something new... If you turn off "screen calls" while DND is set.. then even after UNSETTING DND, you still can't get calls.

Turned "screen calls" back on, toggled DND ON, then OFF, and I can get inbound calls again.

weird........

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:04 pm

I'm glad that it's working for you again. Thanks for posting your solution.
Lifetime Premier Member

JTPMAP

Post by JTPMAP » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:29 am

Some of my incoming calls come through, some don't. I cannot call my Ooma number from my cell phone. It rings busy. I have the Telo. All lights are blue. If I hold the letter button down, it will go red. Is that off or on? What should I do?