Ooma introduces new International Bundles

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
lbmofo
Ooma introduces new International Bundles

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:40 am

lbmofo

Re: Ooma introduces new International Bundles

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:52 am

Observation: since Taiwan isn't among the 15 international calling destinations that encompass free landlines and mobile, is the "1000 or 500 Minute Plan" column reflecting "Free in plan" a mistake for the mobile entry?
Taiwan Rates.JPG
Taiwn Rate Table
Taiwan Rates.JPG (12.67KiB)Viewed 5134 times

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:23 am

Yep seems like a mistake - we're working on correcting the table.
Bobby B

Robwatson1000

Post by Robwatson1000 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:53 am

Is 1000 minutes for $9.99 good value? I dont think so. especially when compared to other service providers such as Mobivox
(for 400 minutes per month to the UK, i pay Mobivos $6 per month) and this can be used on my android phone.

How many minutes do you actually need, especially with free web cam servcices available? On top of recieving calls and chatting on th eweb cam, both my wife and myself are from the UK and we spend probably spend about 1 hour per week on the phone to the UK, so by paying $9.99 we would be cutting ourselves short.

If the 4.99 deal was offered to regular customers, now that would be much more popular and represent a great saving.

anonymouse

Post by anonymouse » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:35 pm

IT WOULD BE NICE IF OOMA OFFERS BULK INTERNATIONAL RATES TO PREMIER MEMBERS. I currently use an alternate carrier to recharge my account every few months. With the free 500 minute plan you basically use it or lose it.

Ooma should consider an option to recharge the account at your lowest or bulk rates. Right now, the only way to recharge is if I pay standard rates, way too expensive!

Furthermore, it seems that Bulk rates apply once you actually burn up your free minutes - either 500 or 1000. Do I understand this correctly ;)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:49 pm

anonymouse wrote:IT WOULD BE NICE IF OOMA OFFERS BULK INTERNATIONAL RATES TO PREMIER MEMBERS. I currently use an alternate carrier to recharge my account every few months. With the free 500 minute plan you basically use it or lose it.

Ooma should consider an option to recharge the account at your lowest or bulk rates. Right now, the only way to recharge is if I pay standard rates, way too expensive!

Furthermore, it seems that Bulk rates apply once you actually burn up your free minutes - either 500 or 1000. Do I understand this correctly ;)
The 1000 min $9.99 package for Premier members actually includes bulk rate

Call 1000 minutes to 70 countries and get our lowest Bulk Rates to all other destinations.

rbtripathi

Post by rbtripathi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:22 pm

I'm Ooma premier lifetime member. Talked to Ooma support and was told that after I use all 1000 minutes, the regular rates apply, which are too high. I was hoping for bulk rate for premier members after you use all of your monthly minutes.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:30 pm

rbtripathi wrote:I'm Ooma premier lifetime member. Talked to Ooma support and was told that after I use all 1000 minutes, the regular rates apply, which are too high. I was hoping for bulk rate for premier members after you use all of your monthly minutes.
Seems that way: "Calls over plan minutes, and calls to destinations not covered by the plan, are billed at Ooma’s standard low rates."

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:31 pm

anonymouse wrote:I currently use an alternate carrier to recharge my account every few months. With the free 500 minute plan you basically use it or lose it.
What's "recharge?"

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Robwatson1000 wrote:
Is 1000 minutes for $9.99 good value? I dont think so. especially when compared to other service providers such as Mobivox
(for 400 minutes per month to the UK, i pay Mobivos $6 per month) and this can be used on my android phone.

How many minutes do you actually need, especially with free web cam servcices available? On top of recieving calls and chatting on th eweb cam, both my wife and myself are from the UK and we spend probably spend about 1 hour per week on the phone to the UK, so by paying $9.99 we would be cutting ourselves short.

If the 4.99 deal was offered to regular customers, now that would be much more popular and represent a great saving.
This Mobivox service might fit your calling style and needs but I think it'd be too many hoops to jump through for others.

Pay 3 months' worth to get optimal pricing, dial access number in order to place calls, speak who you want to call and that contact must be defined in your contacts.....

If one needs to go over 400 minutes consistently, the ooma $9.99/mo for 1000 mintues would be an awesome deal. The ooma plan would also be mobile via the ooma app.