Making sharing go away

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
gfuller
Making sharing go away

Post by gfuller » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:19 pm

is it possible to make sharing go away...I have the hub and scout feeding to a business phone system..I dont want the hub to ring on both numbers..just the first line and the scout for the second line.. to keep each line separate..am I dreami g or is it possible? Otherwise the system rings both lines at the same time due to the hub ringing when the scout rings due to the sharing
Thanks

lbmofo

Re: Making sharing go away

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Go here: https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers/new_device

Assign a number to your scout.

gfuller

Post by gfuller » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:11 pm

I have 2 sep. numbers
the scout rings on one phone number..the hub rings for both..I only want the hub to ring for the other number(main Line)
so that is not the answer

ajw522

Post by ajw522 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:18 pm

gfuller wrote:I have 2 sep. numbers
the scout rings on one phone number..the hub rings for both..I only want the hub to ring for the other number(main Line)
You know, that actually EXACTLY what I want for my Telo and Telo Handset -- I wish I knew how yours was working this way.
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Do you have multi-ring enabled on the Scout to ring the main number?

ajw522

Post by ajw522 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 pm

lbmofo wrote:
Hey, that's a great idea! I know the OP is looking for a way to disable this, but this would help me out! I can set my main Telo to Multi-Ring with my GV number that forwards to my Ooma Telo Handset! But, it would be impossible for the OP to have Multi-Ring ring his hub or scout because My Ooma doesn't allow you to forward to another one of your numbers.

Thanks, and sorry for hijacking the thread temporarily. :D
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:14 pm

ajw522 wrote:
lbmofo wrote:
Hey, that's a great idea! I know the OP is looking for a way to disable this, but this would help me out! I can set my main Telo to Multi-Ring with my GV number that forwards to my Ooma Telo Handset! But, it would be impossible for the OP to have Multi-Ring ring his hub or scout because My Ooma doesn't allow you to forward to another one of your numbers.

Thanks, and sorry for hijacking the thread temporarily. :D
Double forward doesn't work either.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1300&start=10#p7717

gfuller

Post by gfuller » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:16 pm

no the scout number is only on the secondary number..but the hub is on "sharing" so it shares the ring through with the scout...so the scout rings when you call the main number...due to the sharing on the main line..so when you go to assign numbers..I want the main number assigned only to the hub and not share it with the scout.

gfuller

Post by gfuller » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:40 am

no multi ring

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:42 am

gfuller wrote:no the scout number is only on the secondary number..but the hub is on "sharing" so it shares the ring through with the scout...so the scout rings when you call the main number...due to the sharing on the main line..so when you go to assign numbers..I want the main number assigned only to the hub and not share it with the scout.
If the scout is properly configured as a personal device, it will not ring when the hub number is called.
It's possible that you have one of the scouts that had the wrong serial number on the bottom label. In that case the scout would ring when the hub number was called. Call customer support and have them verify that the scout serial number on your account matches the number on the bottom of the scout.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx