Premier vs. Regular

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
vahsmom
Premier vs. Regular

Post by vahsmom » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:34 pm

I don't really care about all the extra perks on the premier but if I change to the regular plan will the quality of the calls be any less?

southsound

Re: Premier vs. Regular

Post by southsound » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Nope. Call quality is the same with or without Premier. However, if you look at the feature list for Premier it is really quite a good value. I especially like the ability to have an extra number and when I'm on the phone with a call, a second call will not only give me the option to flash over like traditional call waiting, it will also ring on my other Telo handset so someone else can answer it. Blacklist, Do-Not-Disturb, plus others make it a real bargain.

And did I say, Welcome to ooma and to the forum? Glad that you got your handset registration problem solved!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:29 am

I suppose it is a good value for those who want all the Premier features; but for those who (like me) want only one or two of the Premier features it is a little less a bargain. In order to get Caller-ID with name, I would have to accept, and pay for, all the other Premier features, each of which is something that I not only don't want but actively object to -- and most of which can't be turned off. If I could get Caller-ID with name for, say, a couple bucks a month, and at the same time avoid all the other obnoxious garp like Call Waiting and Voice Mail, I would do it. No such package is offered.

So, no Premier for me. I can live happily without name on Caller-ID. Most of my life there hasn't been such a thing as Caller-ID at all, with or without name; and somehow I survived. ;)

vahsmom

Post by vahsmom » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:24 am

All the perks seem cool but I have not had a home phone for a year; cell phone only; and for most of my life I didn't have any of that stuff. I am curious - if I drop premier does VM go away as well? I can find lists of what IS included with premier, but I can find a list of what IS included with basic, other than just calling. I do like the feature that calls you home phone and cell phone. Hmmmmm. What to do? :?

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:41 am

The basic features are listed here: https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-telo/features, basic voicemail is included.

I find the multi-ring to be well worth it for Premier. I just give out my home number and both my home phones and cell phone rings. You can do something similar with Google Voice.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:33 am

DawnW wrote: Ok, I think I found the answer.

More questions:

Can I call in to my phone from another phone and retreive messages with basic?

So I can't get an email with the message but I can log on to Ooma.com and listen, is this correct?

Thank you!

Dawn

ooma Core (no monthly fee required)

Free US calling: Call anyone, anytime, anywhere in the U.S.
Phone number flexibility: Choose a new number anywhere in the U.S. or transfer an existing number for a one-time charge
Caller-ID: See the name and number of who is calling (caller-ID compatible phone required)
Call-waiting: Switch to a new incoming call when you are already on the line
Call-waiting caller-ID: See the name and number of a new incoming call before you switch over
Voicemail: Access your messages remotely from any phone or web browser
Voicemail notifications: Receive notifications via email or text when incoming messages arrive
Broadband Answering Machine: Listen to messages hands-free with the built-in speaker
ooma Lounge: Hear messages and control your preferences online
Call logs: Check your calling history online; filter and sort to find the call you are looking for
Enhanced 911: Emergency personnel are automatically given your registered address when you dial 911 (subject to availability)
Free in-network calling: Call another ooma customer anywhere in the world for free
Outbound caller name: Have your name show up when you call out (other party must have caller-ID with name feature)
Caller-ID blocking: Use *67/*82 to block or display your caller-ID/name for outgoing calls
Anonymous call blocking: Automatically block anonymous calls from ringing your phone
Call return: Return the last incoming call by dialing *69
Landline backup: Automatic fallback during power/Internet outages or 911 calls (requires basic landline to be plugged-in)
Prepaid international calling: Make low-cost international calls starting at only a penny per minute
Directory assistance: Make 411 calls at $0.99 per call
Warranty: One-year limited warranty

ooma Premier (optional: $12.99/month or $99.99/year)

Free number porting: Transfer an existing number for free with an annual subscription to ooma Premier
Personal blacklist: Blacklist unwanted callers to prevent them from being able to reach you
Community blacklist: Harness the power of the ooma community to block unwanted callers before they've tried to call you
Call forwarding: Forward your calls to your mobile phone when you are away from home
Multi-Ring: Simultaneously ring your ooma number and your mobile phone, or any number you choose
Message screening: Screen your calls by listening in as a caller is leaving their message
Voicemail forwarding: Have your voicemail automatically forwarded to email
Instant Second Line: Make a second call even when someone else is on the phone (requires ooma Scout)
Enhanced call-waiting: Answer an incoming call even when someone else is on the phone (requires ooma Scout)
Three-way conferencing: Conference two lines together at a push of a button
Send to Voicemail: Transfer a call to voicemail at a touch of a button
Do Not Disturb: Transfer all incoming calls directly to voicemail at a touch of a button
Personal numbers: Select additional phone numbers in any calling area in the US
Directed ringing: Configure your personal number to only ring on your private extension (requires ooma Scout)
Private voicemail: Create private voicemail and Lounge accounts dedicated to a personal number (requires ooma Scout)
Distinctive ringing: Control the ring pattern based on a personal number

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above spells out the Core service package (Hub/Scout combo hardware units). Some naming conventions such as ooma lounge and pricing may be outdated.

From what I've seen, for the Basic service (standalone Hub and Telos), it is the same as Core service package except for these items:

- CNAM - the name of the caller for caller id
- Anonymous Call Blocking
- VM text notification

oomg

Post by oomg » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:21 am

nn5i wrote:I suppose it is a good value for those who want all the Premier features; but for those who (like me) want only one or two of the Premier features it is a little less a bargain. In order to get Caller-ID with name, I would have to accept, and pay for, all the other Premier features, each of which is something that I not only don't want but actively object to -- and most of which can't be turned off. If I could get Caller-ID with name for, say, a couple bucks a month, and at the same time avoid all the other obnoxious garp like Call Waiting and Voice Mail, I would do it. No such package is offered.

So, no Premier for me. I can live happily without name on Caller-ID. Most of my life there hasn't been such a thing as Caller-ID at all, with or without name; and somehow I survived. ;)
O.K. I can understand why you might not want certain Premier features... different strokes... But I can't quite understand why you would "actively object" to these features.

BTW, Ooma Premier is currently optional at 9.99/month or $119.99/year... let's just say $10 per month. Aside from that, Premier currently offers the following:

Advanced Calling –- Take advantage of these highly evolved phone features.

Instant Second Line™: Make or take a second call without missing a beat. Let’s say you’ve got a teen and they are always on the phone. Not a problem. With Ooma’s Instant Second Line feature, all you have to do is go to another Ooma Telo Handset in the house, pick it up, and you’ve got a fresh Ooma dial tone.

Three-way Conferencing: Whether you’re doing business or chatting with friends, three-way conference calling has never been easier.

Multi-Ring: Ensure you never miss a call by configuring your Ooma system to simultaneously ring or forward to your mobile phone.

Back-up Number: Don't miss a call even if your Internet is on the fritz. We'll forward calls to your backup number.

Google Voice Extensions (Telo customers only): Experience the goodness of Google Voice on your Ooma system. We've simplified and enhanced the experience, so now you can access Google Voice's Voicemail, Call Presentation, Listen In, and Caller-ID features - all with the press of a button.

Bluetooth (Telo customers only): Link your mobile phone to your Ooma Telo using the Ooma Bluetooth adapter. Just plug the adapter into the USB port on your Ooma Telo, link your mobile phone or headset, and you're ready to go!

Enhanced Voicemail -– Get the message more ways than one.

Do Not Disturb: Get some peace and quiet whenever you want by simply pressing the envelope icon for two seconds. All of your calls will roll into voicemail without ringing.

Send to Voicemail: Transfer a call to voicemail by pressing the “Send to Voicemail” button any time after you say hello.

Call Screening: If you don’t recognize the caller-ID, just listen to their message through the speaker. If it turns out you want to take the call, just pick up the phone.

Voicemail Forwarding: Enjoy the ultimate convenience of having your voicemail messages forwarded to your email. Now you can listen to messages from your favorite mobile or desktop email client.

Privacy –- Stop unwanted callers in their tracks with Personal Blacklist (which blocks certain callers or sends them directly to voicemail) and Community Blacklist (which blocks solicitors and spam).

Personal Blacklist: Stop unwanted callers in their tracks by blocking certain callers or sending them directly to voicemail.

Community Blacklist: Give spammers the Heisman by blocking annoying, unwanted solicitors.

Caller Name: See the name of callers, even if they're not in your address book.

Anonymous Call Reject: Automatically block anonymous incoming calls.

Personalization –- Get the message more ways than one.

Personal Number: With Ooma Premier, choose a second number anywhere in the US. Decide whether you want your number to ring and leave voicemail on all phones or just your personal Ooma device. You can choose up to nine numbers (additional monthly fee applies).

Private Voicemail: With Ooma Premier, make any Ooma device a private extension with a password-protected voicemail account. You can also set up personal greetings, customize privacy settings, and control your voicemail notification or forwarding.

Custom Ring Patterns: Assign custom ring patterns for each of your personal numbers so you'll know which calls are for you.

Transfer Your Number: If you want to keep your current number, Ooma will transfer your number for your current phone provider for free when you sign-up for a year of Ooma Premier.

Call Forwarding: Forward your calls to any number- to your cell phone- so you never miss a call.

Free number transfer, Handset or Bluetooth (Telo customers only): Sign-up for a year of Ooma Premier and get a free Ooma Telo Handset ($49.99 value), Ooma Bluetooth Adapter ($29.99 value) or we'll transfer your number for free ($39.99 value)

For me, the second line alone is worth the additional $10 per month. But again, I understand it is a personal decision.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.