iPhone app cost

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Robwatson1000
Re: iPhone app cost

Post by Robwatson1000 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:28 am

Just Downloaded Vonage to my Android phone. Works a peach. The app was free, its free to call anyware in the US and only 2cents to europe.

It also works through WIFI, so if you have a WIFI connection, it doesn't affect your minutes on your cellular plan!! and it works anywhere in the world where a WIFI signal is available.

I have only been with Ooma a week and although i am very happy with the US home service. They do have a lot of catching up to do with the add on and premium services.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:31 am

Robwatson1000 wrote:Just Downloaded Vonage to my Android phone. Works a peach. The app was free, its free to call anyware in the US and only 2cents to europe.

It also works through WIFI, so if you have a WIFI connection, it doesn't affect your minutes on your cellular plan!! and it works anywhere in the world where a WIFI signal is available.

I have only been with Ooma a week and although i am very happy with the US home service. They do have a lot of catching up to do with the add on and premium services.
But how much you pay Vonage every month?

Robwatson1000

Post by Robwatson1000 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 am

Nothing its free.

There is a service which gives you unlimited international calls, which is $25, but i dont subscribe to it, i dont need to.

I downloaded the app, registered and put $5 on my account. I have used it to make a ton of domestic calls and i still have $5 in my account.

really really happy with it.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:47 am

Are you talking about this app that works only when calling FB friends?

http://www.vonagemobile.com/facebook/

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:12 am

I was surprised when you said this Vonage app could have you call anywhere within US for free because last time I looked:
lbmofo wrote:As far as I know, there is no free mobile VoIP service when calling mobile or landline numbers.

EQO $0.023
Gizmo $0.01
Jajah $0.017
Mobiboo $0.02
Nimbuzz $0.02
Rebtel $0.015
Skype $0.024
Truphone $0.021

Robwatson1000

Post by Robwatson1000 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:14 pm

No the Voanage Facebook app is brand new. Infact teh first i had heard of it was today.

All i have is the pay per use plan. I get charge 2Cents per minute when i call europe, but i haventy been charged a penny for calling within the US.

I dont know whether its just the set up am using? I have set it up so all international calls go through Vonage. Normally calls within the US go through my cellular calling plan and use my minutes, however, when my phone is connected to WIFI, all calls go through vonage. If the calls fo through WIFI, they dont count towards your plan minutes.

I have just been on line to check and over the last 7 days, i have made 23 national calls, and i have not been charged for any of them.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:33 am

Can you provide a link to this Vonage app you have installed on your mobile?

Robwatson1000

Post by Robwatson1000 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:20 am

lbmofo wrote:Can you provide a link to this Vonage app you have installed on your mobile?

this is the link.

http://www.vonagemobile.com/get_app/?re ... ownload&id

Just download it and chhose teh pay per use option.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:58 am

Looking at this page, it says nothing about free wifi US calling for the pay per use plan but I guess it is true that domestic calls over wifi are free (domestic calls not on wifi just goes through regular cell phone network dipping into your bucket minutes). The minimum usage fee of $0.35/mo is there but meh.

Robwatson1000

Post by Robwatson1000 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:19 pm

lbmofo wrote:Looking at this page, it says nothing about free wifi US calling for the pay per use plan but I guess it is true that domestic calls over wifi are free (domestic calls not on wifi just goes through regular cell phone network dipping into your bucket minutes). The minimum usage fee of $0.35/mo is there but meh.

Here is a thread from Voanage Mobile customer suuport, which explains the Voange Mobile rate structure.

https://forums.vonage.com/showthread.php?t=2632