New Install, AT&T DSL OOMA Hub no internet

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
administrator
New Install, AT&T DSL OOMA Hub no internet

Post by administrator » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Hello, Just got my OOMA hub, hooked it up using setup "C" from the quick start guide.
Waited for about 10-15 minutes

Results.........
Blinking red light no blue.
Lost internet and Wifi
Made a from call from phone connected to hub to my cell and caller id showed that it was my land line.
Cant access setup OOMA page

I set it up exactly like it said in "C" Integrated router (with built in modem)
I have a 2WIRE 2701HG-B with AT&T DSL

When I disconnected OOMA and reconnected my router, I logged into OOMA, and OOMA somehow successfully connected and registered

Very confused, I'm going to call Tech Support in the morning but I thought I would post here to see if any others had similar problems. I have searched and the posts that I have read are beyond my reach of computer expertise.

Thanks for reading

lbmofo

Re: New Install, AT&T DSL OOMA Hub no internet

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Power off your modem and ooma, wait a bit, power up modem, wait til it gets online then power up ooma and wait to cycle up to blue?

administrator

Post by administrator » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Thanks for the response, powered down the Router and OOMA hub, ......... Powered up and whaaala blue light and working fine.

Thanks, First time I tried Router was on and running, Whatever difference it made its working now.

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 am

@administrator

May I ask why you would choose a login name of "administrator"? Although you may indeed be an administrator of your home, business, insurance plan, living trust, network or whatever, you most certainly are not an ooma administrator. All your name can serve to do is confuse others on this forum. Why not consider changing it to something that will not mislead?

If that was not your intent, please excuse the harshness of this post - either way, please call customer support and have them change it.

Note that I am not an ooma employee or "administrator" - just an ooma user like yourself - so consider this just a personal request to do the right thing.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

jknp

Post by jknp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:22 am

HI I`m having trouble installing my ooma telo device, I have wireless internet conected to a router and a router for my PC which is not wireless, I would like to know if I should conect my ooma directly to the wireless router or to the other router??

thanks for your help

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:59 am

Do you have a modem? I'd try connecting ooma to the modem first. Power down everything, turn on modem first, wait until it comes online, then ooma, wait until it cycles up then, the router.

BURTON A PIERCE

Post by BURTON A PIERCE » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:26 am

I have been using my ooma along time however I don't know if I can dis continue regular telephone. I understand that i can but no one has ever told me. if my regular telephone number is working properly. 9042235157 904 6723567

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 am

BURTON A PIERCE wrote:I have been using my ooma along time however I don't know if I can dis continue regular telephone. I understand that i can but no one has ever told me. if my regular telephone number is working properly.
I suppose you got a new ooma number when you activated ooma? Then, your ooma device just needs internet connection for it to work. As far as disconnecting your landline, you'd have to take into account satellite receivers, alarm system, and any other devices that use your landline to call out currently but you can disconnect landline without affecting your ooma service.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:26 am

Hello Mr. Pierce,

Currently your account is using an Ooma number & your hub appears to be up & running. By the looks of your account, there was a request to port your number back in July 2009 (LEC-13964 is the porting ticket number) & the carrier had rejected the port because there was another pending order for ringmaster.

Currently, your Ooma has no dependency on your landline. Also, keep in mind what lbmofo had mentioned about alarm systems & satellite receivers.

If you would like to try porting your number again, you can contact our support folks.

jknp

Post by jknp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:23 pm

I`m sorry for this silly questions but I don`t understand technology too much... Does the ooma telo have to be connected to a PC or just to the internet? I`m not sure if my router is an integrated router - modem? how do I know that? thank you for your answers...