Landline

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
elwood1229
Landline

Post by elwood1229 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:52 am

I am not sure where to ask this, so I thought I would try here.

Just installed my Oome Telo unit yesterday. So far, it seems to be working well. I am not ready to port yet as I want to see how well things work before taking that step. In addition, apparently there are no Ooma numbers available in my area. As a result, I plugged my ATT landline into the Telo box to get it up and running (this at the direction of a Ooma support person). She tried to explain to me how this works, but I did not fully understand. Thus my reason for asking about this in the forums.

The only phone we have plugged in right now is a cordless unit with a couple of handsets and it is plugged into the Telo unit. There are no phones plugged into any of the regular phone jacks in the house. I understand that all of my outgoing calls work through Ooma VOIP. I also understand that incoming calls also connect in some way with Ooma (for instance incoming calls now go to Ooma's voicemail). My question essentially is how much of the incoming call is on the Ooma system? Are incoming calls basically all landline unless it kicks over to voicemail, or are calls routed in some other way through the Ooma network? I am not sure this makes sense, but essentially I am wanting to know how much of a sense of Ooma's phone quality--particularly with incoming calls--I will get with the landline hooked into the Telo unit.

Thank you for any insights!

Elwood

lbmofo

Re: Landline

Post by lbmofo » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:06 pm

In landline integration mode, all incoming calls and outgoing local calls go through your landline. Only the outgoing long distance calls would be indicative of ooma's call quality.