New Number Not Working for All INCOMING Calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mcowher
New Number Not Working for All INCOMING Calls

Post by mcowher » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:33 am

I just got setup last night with my new Ooma Hub and my new number. I think it might be considered a temporary number, because I plan on doing a Port from AT&T, and I indicated so during the registration process. I can make OUTGOING calls with no problems. I can also receive INCOMING calls from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone with no problems.

However, I am having problems receiving calls from my existing landline at AT&T, and from my work phone which is on Windstream.

With AT&T, I get the message "Due to telephone company facility trouble, you call can not be completed at this time. Will you try your call again later?".

With Windstream at my corporate office, I get the message "The number you have reached is not in service. This is a recording.".

With Windstream at my mother's home, I get the message "The call cannot be completed as dialed."

chuckos

Re: New Number Not Working for All INCOMING Calls

Post by chuckos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:25 am

I am having the same issue with my OOMA today.. Both of my numbers will ring fast busy or says call failed. It rings at the house but people are getting a fast busy or call failed message...

drewjoh

Post by drewjoh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:49 am

I'm having this problem also, when anyone tries calling. AT&T or Verizon.

The phone rings and I pick up, but the other end receives a "I'm sorry, but the number you have called is not a working number."

My Ooma service is about a month old, and it was working earlier last week.

Please help Ooma!

VoIP

Post by VoIP » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:58 am

Experiencing same problem, however in my case the home phone (Ooma) rings but the call is not connected. For the party placing the call, the call is disconnected and never registers as completed. If the call to Ooma originates from a cell phone then the caller hears a few rings as though the call went through, but then they see a call failed message on their phone. This was true for calls dialed from AT&T and Verizon cell numbers.

On the receiving end, caller ID is delivered but when I answer there is no one there, as the call was already disconnected, as though the caller had dialed and then hung up.

There are now a few topics describing similar problems throughout the forums. Not sure how many might have called Ooma support, but they don't appear to be aware of this.

I hope that some of the Ooma employees still monitor these forums regularly, because one persons account with support wasn't encouraging as to their recognition of the problems.

hodad66

Post by hodad66 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:33 am

No incoming calls today. Call out if iffy. Never a problem before........
can't seem to connect to "my ooma" either....

tao1

Post by tao1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 pm

I am having the same problem in the 77o area code....i have contacted customer service via email and I am about to call....

tao1

Post by tao1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:20 pm

When you call it says they are aware of an "outage" and are working to address it....hopefully it will be resolved soon ;)

jdprice3

Post by jdprice3 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Same problem in detroit

Incoming calls from cell phones come through successfully

Incoming calls from landlines fail. The caller gets a rapid busy tone or message that the call cannot be completed.

Been with ooma for a year with no other troubles.