Callers receive fast busy signal when calling my Ooma number

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
carolyndad
Re: Callers receive fast busy signal when calling my Ooma number

Post by carolyndad » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:49 pm

I am having the same problem in the Boston area, telephone is ringing and showing caller ID, but calling party gets delay then fast busy wave off.

stephen431

Post by stephen431 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Still down for us in Phoenix. Inbound calls going straight to VM.

UgaDog

Post by UgaDog » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:30 pm

From Ooma's Status page:
8/17/2010 5:30PM Pacific: One of our partner carriers is still examining the inbound call routing issues. We'll continue to work with them throughout the night until this gets resolved.

Wizard1

Post by Wizard1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm not trying to excuse this problem but at least I can make calls and when someone does call me I can see the caller ID and return their call. In the last 4 years, I had my landline go out completely on 3 or 4 occasions, usually right after one of the idiots from AT&T would come out to service someone's line. They would take 3 to 5 days to fix it. The last time this happened to me on a Thursday and they told me it would be fixed by the following Wednesday, I told AT&T that this was not acceptable and if that was the case they should provide me with a prepaid cell phone for the outage duration. They had it fixed the very next day. But good luck, even with landlines you can have problems. :D

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Wizard1 wrote:I can make calls and when someone does call me I can see the caller ID and return their call.
This is the behavior I've confirmed with 2 other ooma friends/family in the Seattle area.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:08 pm

My ooma can receive incoming calls now; confirmed with 2 other Seattle area ooma family/friend...they are able to receive incoming calls as well.

JTPMAP

Post by JTPMAP » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:53 am

I'm a new user of Ooma. I can make outgoing calls but most incoming callers get a busy signal and I know I'm not on the line when they call me. I cannot call my Ooma number from my cell phone. It rings busy.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:33 am

Call ooma customer service and have them debug. Maybe the ooma number has routing issues and a new number may fix the problem.

bindu

Post by bindu » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:11 am

I am in Buffalo, NY I have the busy tone problem for a long time from my office number now it is there from many numbers. I dont know what to do