setting ooma on DMZ - how to?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
dknyinva
Re: setting ooma on DMZ - how to?

Post by dknyinva » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:59 pm

All my devices are setup using static DHCP. I think we got off track here. I'm posting to find out how to add ooma to the DMZ, which my router can support. I'm just confuse as to what settings I should use on the ooma setting. I'm really not here to learn about basic networking 101.

Thanks for all your help

AngelaKendig

Post by AngelaKendig » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:28 pm

No such thing as static DHCP. The networking course may help you troubleshoot and become self sufficient. Good luck.
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image

dknyinva

Post by dknyinva » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:54 pm

AngelaKendig wrote:No such thing as static DHCP. The networking course may help you troubleshoot and become self sufficient. Good luck.
Correction, there is such a "thing" called static DHCP http://www.dvrplayground.com/article/12 ... th-Worlds/

Try googling first before you speak.

AngelaKendig

Post by AngelaKendig » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:23 pm

2 Google results. My bad. Didn't realize there is third-party firmware to do such a thing. Which one are you using? I might try it also. Thanks for the info.
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image

trim81

Post by trim81 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Read my write up here: 3rd post:

Follow it to a T and you are good.

http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=206

dknyinva

Post by dknyinva » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:55 am

AngelaKendig wrote:2 Google results. My bad. Didn't realize there is third-party firmware to do such a thing. Which one are you using? I might try it also. Thanks for the info.
Try dd-wrt.com and most linux distro support static DHCP. I'm currently using debian.

Thanks

AngelaKendig

Post by AngelaKendig » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:36 pm

dknyinva wrote:
AngelaKendig wrote:2 Google results. My bad. Didn't realize there is third-party firmware to do such a thing. Which one are you using? I might try it also. Thanks for the info.
Try dd-wrt.com and most linux distro support static DHCP. I'm currently using debian.

Thanks
Thanks for the info.

amcfarla

Post by amcfarla » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:17 pm

I did all the steps in this forum post and ports are still being blocked, I changed the dhcp address to only have the one address available, and then put that in the dmz(which becomes the address my router gets assigned), and it is still blocking by slingbox, till I remove the ooma box and hook it to a port on my router. Ports are open then, yet I don't get the QOS on the ooma box.

lohertz

Post by lohertz » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:17 pm

IMHO, you should rarely, rarely ever use DMZ. It use to be common when online gaming started, now, most routers have advanced settings that DMZ is rarely needed. VoIP and Ooma are no exception.