Looking for phone support that is not in philipines

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
10smom
Looking for phone support that is not in philipines

Post by 10smom » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Hello,

I realize your need to out source to third world countries for customer service, but there should be a line drawn when costumers having certain issues and request further assistence and are not forced to deal with people who do not have a vested interested in the success or failure of a company. The representatives in Philippines could care less about your circumstances and do not care what reviews or publicity the oooma company receives as a result of their lack of service.

Please tell me how contact customer service in the United states and speak to someone who actually cares about the company and has authority. Thanks

southsound

Re: Looking for phone support that is not in philipines

Post by southsound » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:14 pm

So what is your real problem - the fact that you reach offshore support or that you have a problem with people from another country helping you? I have had some awesome help from folks in Manila - and even though there are some times that there is a problem with understanding each other, I have found the folks at ooma's offshore support center to be caring and very much desiring to solve problems. If there is a problem that they cannot solve they are happy to send it to a higher level. Please reconsider your bent towards prejudice. It is neither becoming or welcome in modern society.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:08 am

But expressions of preference, or prejudice, are political speech and constitutionally protected. Prejudice can be charmless, but (a) no one has a constitutional right not to have his feelings hurt, and (b) Political Correctness is Orwellian, a real danger to freedom.

I have found Ooma's offshore customer support a mixed bag -- sometimes incredibly pleasant and helpful, and sometimes clearly believing their job is only to wait inertly until the caller quits talking.

LandB4Time

Post by LandB4Time » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:45 am

1. If the people on the other side of the phone are just inertly silent would it be possible that they are just intently listening?

2. If we read 10smom’s post carefully without a doubt he/she pre-judged a particular group of people and an entire country.

Assuming the current customer service is indeed not performing as expected and as a result Ooma management switched to another Filipino service provider still 10smom wouldn’t want to deal with the new set of Filipino representatives. Other people would hardly call that preference or prejudice.

Looking at the title of this thread with the tone of the post, I would say he/she chose not to deal with a specific group of people.

For my education could you pls let me know,nn5i, where in the your constitution is this kind of behaviour protected? Thanks in advance.

3. To10smom, instead of expressing your "prejudice" to a group of people maybe it's better if you told us what the actual problem was? You cant seem to make your Ooma unit to work - that's the real issue here.. Who knows somebody here could actually help you.

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:13 pm

I have to admit. I do have some problems with communication due to the language barrier, but the support people have always been helpful, and smart enough to sense my frustration, and escalate the call if needed.
Folks, we have a no fee phone service! Give them a chance. I'm sure they want to solve your problems as much as you do. I have always been treated with respect and found the tech support reps helpful in resolving my issues.

DavidyLulu

Post by DavidyLulu » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Ah, nevermind. I was going to say that most Philippinos speak better English than many Americans, but it's like Christianity...those who don't believe will forever demand proof, those who do will never need proof.

I have no problem with most Filipinos' English.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:10 pm

LandB4Time wrote:For my education could you pls let me know,nn5i, where in the your constitution is this kind of behaviour protected? Thanks in advance.
Sure, Land, glad to help you out. It is protected in those clauses, primarily the Bill of Rights and especially the First Amendment to the US Constitution, which declares that "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press ...". Originally this limited only the actions of the federal government ("congress"), but the 14th amendment and ensuing Supreme Court decisions such as De Jonge v. Oregon (1937) extended the prohibition to state and local governments, which therefore cannot forbid the voicing of unpopular opinions.

See, for example, Brandenburg v. Ohio, 1969, which held that a state cannot forbid advocacy of force, violence and terror unless such advocacy is intended to incite violent action and is likely to incite such action.

The whole thrust of the Constitution in this area of law is that people have the right to hold any opinion at all, to state any opinion they hold, and to try to persuade others to agree with them. If I had anything against Filipinos, it would be my absolute right to condemn them in speech and writing, and it would be your absolute right to condemn me bitterly for thinking and feeling that way -- as long as our utterances didn't carry a plausible threat of public violence.

Although I disagree with the sentiment in the title of this thread, I consider it absolutely essential that Americans understand and protect the right to express such sentiments. It's of overriding importance not to try to silence peaceful speech, and not to condone attempts to silence it, even when we disagree and find it unpleasant or hateful -- so important that it even justifies this post in this thread.

Political Correctness is utter tyranny.

Oh, by the way -- you're welcome.