Ooma Has A Problem

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
roadshow
Re: Ooma Has A Problem

Post by roadshow » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:10 am

The people I am calling and having problems use Frontier and Time Warner.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:16 am

Bug 9262 was opened yesterday - we're giving it top priority to investigate and resolve the issue.

This problem (ring back tone gets played, while call is answered on the remote party) seems to be affecting only Telo devices and calls to cable company digital voice numbers.
Bobby B

mshacter

Post by mshacter » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:53 am

When you say "only Telo devices and calls to cable company" do you mean "Callers with Telo devices who call cable numbers" or do you mean "Telo devices have this problem" and also callers with either Telo or the original Ooma hub who call cable company numbers have this problem"?

I don't have a Telo and it was happening to me.
Bobby B wrote:Bug 9262 was opened yesterday - we're giving it top priority to investigate and resolve the issue.

This problem (ring back tone gets played, while call is answered on the remote party) seems to be affecting only Telo devices and calls to cable company digital voice numbers.

we4inaz

Post by we4inaz » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:57 am

mshacter wrote:When you say "only Telo devices and calls to cable company" do you mean "Callers with Telo devices who call cable numbers" or do you mean "Telo devices have this problem" and also callers with either Telo or the original Ooma hub who call cable company numbers have this problem"?

I don't have a Telo and it was happening to me.
Bobby B wrote:Bug 9262 was opened yesterday - we're giving it top priority to investigate and resolve the issue.

I also don't have the Telo. We just have the original Ooma hub and it has been happening when I call my parents who have Comcast cable phone service.

alternety

Post by alternety » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:43 am

Me too. Calling a Comcast number. My first call on my newly ported phone number. The wife is not amused. It is now my fault for breaking yet another thing (phone service) that was working just fine.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:58 am

My hub calls out to comcast customers fine in the Seattle area.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:50 pm

http://twitter.com/ooma_status

"We've isolated a call completion issue that some users are seeing. We're working with our carrier to resolve it, expect resolution today. "

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:43 pm

lbmofo wrote:http://twitter.com/ooma_status

"We've isolated a call completion issue that some users are seeing. We're working with our carrier to resolve it, expect resolution today. "
Are you a moderator?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:45 pm

No, just quoting what was xmitted via ooma_status twitter.

stustep

Post by stustep » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:26 pm

What Ooma is not listening to is the simple fact that my Ooma worked perfectly until the "east coast outage" that occurred 7-10 days ago. I will repeat that, IT WORKED PERFECTLY. So, it is not an issue with my equipment, my router, my ISP, etc. Whatever the problem is, it occurred on Ooma's end and it happened about 7-10 days ago. Or, a major carrier has done something that affects Ooma's ability to operate correctly. Also, this is not just an issue with the telo or comcast. I have neither. I have a hub/scout and I am consistently having this problem when calling numbers located in the 706 area code which is serviced by ALLTEL. These numbers would be considered long distance in my area if using a standard land line telephone. I am not experiencing any problems in calling what would be considered local numbers or cell phones. Also, this is not an issue that can be fixed or corrected by your average customer service rep, and I don't have hours to spend on my cell phone trying to unplug this, unplug that, reboot this, check this wire, look at this setting, check your connection speed,etc. just to be told 'well, we will have to have someone else look into it.' or transferred to another rep just to repeat the process. Not to mention, like someone else said, It took a lot of convincing for me to get my wife to let me try Ooma and give up the landline. Now that my wife is not able to call her parents, guess who is in big trouble at my house?