Ooma Has A Problem

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
stevepierce
Re: Ooma Has A Problem

Post by stevepierce » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:06 pm

stustep wrote:I don't have hours to spend on my cell phone trying to unplug this, unplug that, reboot this, check this wire, look at this setting, check your connection speed,etc. just to be told 'well, we will have to have someone else look into it.' or transferred to another rep just to repeat the process.
Amen, Brother, Amen.

- Steve

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:25 pm

stustep wrote:What Ooma is not listening to is the simple fact that my Ooma worked perfectly until the "east coast outage" that occurred 7-10 days ago. I will repeat that, IT WORKED PERFECTLY. So, it is not an issue with my equipment, my router, my ISP, etc. Whatever the problem is, it occurred on Ooma's end and it happened about 7-10 days ago. Or, a major carrier has done something that affects Ooma's ability to operate correctly. Also, this is not just an issue with the telo or comcast. I have neither. I have a hub/scout and I am consistently having this problem when calling numbers located in the 706 area code which is serviced by ALLTEL. These numbers would be considered long distance in my area if using a standard land line telephone. I am not experiencing any problems in calling what would be considered local numbers or cell phones. Also, this is not an issue that can be fixed or corrected by your average customer service rep, and I don't have hours to spend on my cell phone trying to unplug this, unplug that, reboot this, check this wire, look at this setting, check your connection speed,etc. just to be told 'well, we will have to have someone else look into it.' or transferred to another rep just to repeat the process. Not to mention, like someone else said, It took a lot of convincing for me to get my wife to let me try Ooma and give up the landline. Now that my wife is not able to call her parents, guess who is in big trouble at my house?
You nailed it man!
This is an OOMA carrier problem, and it's affecting a lot of customers. OOMA really needs to put every resource they have in to correcting this or they will lose many new customers permanently. I don't want that to happen. OOMA is a great product. Hopefully they figure it out quickly and correct it.

stevepierce

Post by stevepierce » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:35 pm

For the first time in 4 days I was able to call a Comcast customer. Ooma said they would send out an email when they got it fixed.

I haven't received any email from Ooma, but this is a hopeful sign.

- Steve

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:49 pm

http://twitter.com/ooma_status

"Our carrier reports that the call completion issue has been fixed."

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:19 am

I hope they are fixing carrier problems that they are having in Eastern US too. We are having problems calling Frontier and time Warner customers. I'm happy to see that the Comcast issue is fixed.

mshacter

Post by mshacter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:25 am

I made an outgoing call this morning to a problematic line and it connected fine. So that piece of the puzzle appears to be fixed. However, an incoming call from the problematic line was routed immediately into voicemail. Moreover, I did not hear the voicemail while it was being recorded, even though I have call screening enabled. This appears to be the flip side of the connection problem some of us were experiencing. It's too early to know whether this incident was a one-off or the beginning of a new trend.

Update: A couple subsequent calls got through all right. So, the one occasion when the call was routed to voicemail appears to be an anomaly.

Mike

stevepierce

Post by stevepierce » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:44 am

From Ooma

I’m following up with you about ticket # CS-xxxxx. The issue with outbound calls failing should be resolved now. Would you mind retesting and letting me know your results?

--------------

Success, we can make outgoing calls again. Thanks!

- Steve

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Seems to be working for me now, too. I can call my friend in Oregon and (1) she can answer, and (2) she actually gets correct CallerID.

I hope it stays fixed, so that I can recover my accustomed cheerfulness.

renatae

Post by renatae » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:32 am

Well, I am having trouble calling my mother in the 330 area code, which is out of state for me. Three phone calls over the last two days show on my log as connected, but I just hear a ringing phone and she just hears dead air. She's in assisted living and I'm quite peeved to know this has been going on a while without much acknowledgment. I had problems calling Ohio during that Eastern service issue on the 17th, also, and most of my problems seem to date from that time on. I can get through to my brother who lives near her, but today I had to get a message to her to call me, and thankfully she was able to get through. She is on Ameritech, not Comcast, no VOIP.

I'm really losing confidence quickly. Been a customer since August 3rd. Everything went very well at first, but I've been having dropped calls and such, and several local calls I was unable to complete until the second try, and I'm in the midwest. :x

carolyndad

Post by carolyndad » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:47 am

I am also having a strange issue with outbound calling. My number was porter from Fairpoint on Thursday and I activated my Ooma core and scout. I can make outbound long distance calls but not local calls or calls to 800 numbers. I am in the 603 area code and have tried to make local calls both with and without the area code and with and without the 1- prefix and it just has a long delay then wave off fast busy.
Thanks