Cancel my trial period

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
lbmofo
Re: Cancel my trial period

Post by lbmofo » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Call customer serice and have another number assigned to replace your problematic phone #.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:06 am

Hello richyrich,

Please send me a pm & I can look for available numbers for you.

lml999

Post by lml999 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:16 pm

richyrich wrote:what you are experiencing is "normal". I am experiencing the exact same thing, as are others on this board. I purchased ooma and was assigned a number that is in use by someone else. It doesn't ring for me because it is ringing for someone else!

Calling customer service is a dead end. Nothing but on hold music.

So far, not so good.
Cripes. I called customer service Friday night at 9 PM eastern (an hour before closing), waited 3 minutes on hold, spent less than 10 minutes on the phone with a lovely young lady, got all my questions answered and got back to whatever it was I was doing at 9 pm on a Friday night (probably dozing on the sofa).

Are you guys calling the same number I called?

JBDragon

Post by JBDragon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:38 pm

I had my AT&T land line number that I've had for YEARS transfered to my OOMA Telo and it went great!!! I didn't even have to bother to call AT&T when it was all done and over. I got a check for a parcel refund, and a bill the next month for $0 and after that asking me to come back at a lower yet still higher then OOMA cost. HAHA

My voice calls sound nice and clear, something my AT&T land line hasn't!!! No more $35 a month for a phone line I hardly use anyway, might as well make even better use of my Cable Internet service that I'm paying $55 a month for anyway.

I like that any messages I get on this line, I'm Notified on my Cell phone and if they leave a message, I get the Message also sent to me and can hear it on my Iphone4 without having to call home and Log in, or go to ooma.com and log it and get my message that way. Makes things Simple.

I had a Minor issue first setting up plugging the Telo before my router. This was causing my Xbox LIVE connection to not be OPEN, but instead at Moderate which is a issue. Getting into the Telo to change some settings was a pain at times. Needed to change IP address to what I needed because I instead plugged it into my Router. This fixed the 360 to be back it OPEN once again. My DGL-4300 has the Capabilities to control the Network traffic, and so it was Simple enough to give the Telo the HIGHEST Priority followed by the 360 and then everything else.

Like I said, it works great. Sounds Great. Has been problem FREE. This router has been problem free the last few years I've owned it. Which is great for my Slingbox. I can't fix my Router so my Slingbox works if I'm not home. So that Reliability is just as good with my OOMA Telo. My Cable Modem, Router, OOMA, and Panasonic Wireless phone are all plugged into a APC UPS so I can still send and receive calls if/when the power goes out.

If I knew switching over to OOMA was this easy, I've would have done it a long time ago!!! I've had a Magicjack I ordered a few years ago, it's still sitting in it's package. I've never plugged it in and tried it and from what I've read, I'm glad I didn't.

highq

Post by highq » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Welcome to the Forum!
Your enthusiasm for the service matches mine.

But I must say I cannot relate anything you've said to the message thread to which you chose to reply. "Cancel my trial period"? What has that to do with you?

One other nit: what is a parcel refund? :-)

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:39 pm

highq wrote:what is a parcel refund? :-)
It's like when you go to the post office and they tell you that you put too many stamps on your package - in other words, you paid too much to send your parcel - so they give you a parcel refund. Duh! :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:47 am

southsound wrote:
highq wrote:what is a parcel refund? :-)
It's like when you go to the post office and they tell you that you put too many stamps on your package - in other words, you paid too much to send your parcel - so they give you a parcel refund. Duh! :P
iTalkBB & Vonage don't give out this kind of refund.