Turn off voice mail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
nkashyap
Turn off voice mail

Post by nkashyap » Thu May 06, 2010 7:31 am

I would like to turn off the voice mail feature completely.
No, I do not want to set delay (for example 59 sec). I want to have option
to turn off/on. Is it possible?

Thanks

mike1971

Re: Turn off voice mail

Post by mike1971 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:06 am

There is no option to turn vmail on/off (such as with Vonage) from my ooma. You can choose to set delay to 1 min, or call customer service, make a ticket and have vmail perm disabled from your account. Keeping in mind that if you ever want it back it's a HUGE hassel to get reenabled on your account. I would suggest you just set the delay to the highest available.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu May 06, 2010 8:09 am

Hello,

Currently, there isn't a consumer option to disable or enable voicemail.
If you would like it permanently disabled, please send me a personal
email & we have to modify the config. Same goes for Call waiting.

Thx

nkashyap

Post by nkashyap » Thu May 06, 2010 8:19 am

Thanks. I will keep the voice mail for now.

dadinthecity

Post by dadinthecity » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:16 pm

I am going to need to call or e-mail ooma to get call waiting and voicemail permanently turned off, but I just want to do it on one line, the second line that I have via Premier on the Telo handset. Does anybody know if I can do this on just the one phone number?

dadinthecity

Post by dadinthecity » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:39 am

Just for information for all and to complete this post. Ooma cannot (or will not) turn off voice mail and call waiting from just one of your 2 lines from the Telo. If they do it, it is off for the whole account. This is what I was told by Technical support. What I did was went and bought a Frys refurbished Hub for $169 and established a new account and new primary number. I then made a service request to have the 2 features disabled. This took about 4-5 days or two full business days.
In hindsight, I wish I had researched Haloo interface to see if calls to our number would automatically role over long before the 9 rings or 59 seconds. Might have been able to avoid the whole thing. :|

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:25 am

dadinthecity wrote:Just for information for all and to complete this post. Ooma cannot (or will not) turn off voice mail and call waiting from just one of your 2 lines from the Telo. If they do it, it is off for the whole account. This is what I was told by Technical support. What I did was went and bought a Frys refurbished Hub for $169 and established a new account and new primary number. I then made a service request to have the 2 features disabled. This took about 4-5 days or two full business days.
In hindsight, I wish I had researched Haloo interface to see if calls to our number would automatically role over long before the 9 rings or 59 seconds. Might have been able to avoid the whole thing. :|
I wasn't familiar with Haloo so googled it:

1. Haloo (or halu) a shorter and hence a milder word for getting hallucinated, originated as a campus slang in IIT Kharagpur, India.

2. Haloo Helsinki! is a punk rock band from Finland, founded in 2007. They have released two studio albums, Haloo Helsinki! (2008) and Enemmän kuin elää

So I'm thinking, cool. You do 1, listen to 2, and don't give a rip if someone calls or whatever.

I was relieved to find that the service the poster was describing was actually Halloo.com - not really something I'd consider a bargain at the rates shown. Make sure to check the Surcharged page and you will find that outgoing calls to Alaska are an additional $0.56 per minute! There are several VoIP services that allow similar routing and call treatment at much lower prices - even without an ATA attached. Or maybe even Google Voice would be a better alternative for call management. I've been using it for over a year with my ooma hub, then Telo and have been very pleased.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

mattwj2005

Post by mattwj2005 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:58 pm

mike1971 wrote:There is no option to turn vmail on/off (such as with Vonage) from my ooma. You can choose to set delay to 1 min, or call customer service, make a ticket and have vmail perm disabled from your account. Keeping in mind that if you ever want it back it's a HUGE hassel to get reenabled on your account. I would suggest you just set the delay to the highest available.
What type of a huge hassel? My mom can't figure out the dang voicemail system so we might need to disable it through customer service.

Thanks,

Matt

annartist

Post by annartist » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:25 pm

I want to use the voice mail system of my Panasonic KX-TGF574. I prefer that the Ooma Telo voice mail does not answer, but I don't seem able to prevent Ooma from answering before the Panasonic. Can you help?

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Set 'Pickup timeout' to something > than the 4 rings the Panasonic usually picks up after.
make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, '
', 'https://my.ooma.com/preferences/voicemail', '', ' class="postlink"')