Ooma Hub only confusion

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ntoy
Re: Ooma Hub only confusion

Post by ntoy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:07 am

Hello yoweird,

In looking at your account, you have a core account. Currently, you are in the 2 month trial period of premiere & if you choose not to renew, your account will go to core services after the trial.

yoweird

Post by yoweird » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Thank you very much sir for your very fast response!

oomafan

Post by oomafan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:01 pm

I think I can clear up the confusion for those still confused. The hub is the hub...there is only one version. If it comes with Scout or no Scout, it's still the same hub. I think Core refers to the service level, not the item. With the hub, you can pick the Core service, where you get your free phone number and caller id, and whatever else it comes with, OR, you can pick the Premier Service, which comes with more features. Same hub works both ways. Hope it help! :D

bw1

Post by bw1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:26 pm

oomafan wrote:I think I can clear up the confusion for those still confused. The hub is the hub...there is only one version. If it comes with Scout or no Scout, it's still the same hub. I think Core refers to the service level, not the item. With the hub, you can pick the Core service, where you get your free phone number and caller id, and whatever else it comes with, OR, you can pick the Premier Service, which comes with more features. Same hub works both ways. Hope it help! :D
That's not entirely correct.

There are two products that were/are sold that contained the original white Ooma hub. They are the Ooma Core, as shown here: http://www.amazon.com/ooma-Phone-System ... 670&sr=8-2, and the Ooma Hub Only product that is sold at Costco warehouse stores (not online).

These come in different size boxes with different information printed on the outside of the box. The Core includes a scout (or in the case of the Fry's refurbished units, should have room for a scout if it's not included). The Costco Hub Only comes in a smaller box and does not include the scout.

The Costco Hub Only product includes a statement printed on the outside of the box that says that it is subject to the Regulatory Recovery Fee (after the first year of $11.75). The Ooma Core does not say that and is not subject to the RRF.

After the Ooma Premier trial, both should downgrade to the Core level of service.

When you activate and register an Ooma Core, you are NOT required to enter your credit card information; however, when you activate and register the Costco Hub Only, you ARE required to enter your credit card information - to pay the $11.75 after the first year.

oomann

Post by oomann » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Ntoy,
I purchased an Ooma Core (Hub + Scout) from Frys.com and my premier trial is ending soon. When I asked a customer service rep if my inbound caller-Id would contain names on Ooma Core service she replied that I would not... its only a premier service.

I have read your response several times on this thread that Ooma Core contains Caller-ID names. Can you confirm that my account will contain inbound caller-ID names when I switch to Ooma Core service?

Thank you.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:47 pm

LOL, how many times do you have to ask this?

With Core service, you'd get Callerid + Callername

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8791&p=61497#p61497

oomann

Post by oomann » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:52 pm

lbmofo wrote:LOL, how many times do you have to ask this?

With Core service, you'd get Callerid + Callername

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8791&p=61497#p61497
I appreciate your answer. My post was directed at Ntoy or any Ooma employee that can confirm this. So far I have a customer service rep telling me one thing so I would like an Ooma moderator to confirm by looking at my account. I hope you understand.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 pm

No problem. I am a Core subscriber and I get it if that makes you feel better in the mean time. Often times, CS folks are not fully informed on everything.

oomann

Post by oomann » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:59 pm

lbmofo wrote:No problem. I am a Core subscriber and I get it if that makes you feel better in the mean time. Often times, CS folks are not fully informed on everything.
I have found that to be very true. It seems each time I talk to CS about a problem I get a different answer on the same issue. Ooma needs to create a single, clear message that CS should follow. Your answer makes me feel a little better. Since I bought the Core for this very feature I won't feel great about it until an Ooma moderator confirms or I see it for myself in a couple weeks.

Ntoy, if you read this I would appreciate if you look at my account and confirm I will have caller-ID with names.

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:57 pm

oomann wrote:Ntoy, if you read this I would appreciate if you look at my account and confirm I will have caller-ID with names.
Why not find one of his posts and click the little envelope below his name to send him a message? Norm is great at getting back to people but might have missed your request since it was in an open forum. If you send him an email he'll clear things up in a heartbeat!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.