blacklist doesn't seem to be working

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
John Bigbooté
blacklist doesn't seem to be working

Post by John Bigbooté » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:53 pm

On 08 Sept, I blacklisted a phone number.

Tonight at 20:46 EDT A call came in from that number. The call log shows the call coming in, and it shows the number as blacklisted. I thought the point of blacklisting was to keep the call from getting to my phone, no..?
Living in shadow takes its toll.
Please have exact change ready.

ntoy

Re: blacklist doesn't seem to be working

Post by ntoy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 am

Hello,

I believe the problem maybe with the cname on your 2nd number in My Ooma. Our system dislikes special characters like "&". I went ahead & substituted it with a space.

I know it maybe hard for you to test, but perhaps you can keep an eye on it if it happens again.

diddlydoo

Post by diddlydoo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:11 pm

I just had the same issue. I received a call from someone on my blacklist today.

Thanks for any help.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Hello diddlydoo,

In looking at your account, blacklists was disabled due to a bug in our system. I went ahead & manually re-enabled it for you. Please allow some time for the config files to update.

John Bigbooté

Post by John Bigbooté » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:31 pm

ntoy wrote:Hello,

I believe the problem maybe with the cname on your 2nd number in My Ooma. Our system dislikes special characters like "&". I went ahead & substituted it with a space.

I know it maybe hard for you to test, but perhaps you can keep an eye on it if it happens again.
He just got through again.
Living in shadow takes its toll.
Please have exact change ready.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:53 pm

This is related to a bug in our system. When I checked on your account at this moment, blacklists was disabled. I re-enabled it. Try rebooting your box. Is the number that is listed, the one that got through?