iPhone app cost

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
lbmofo
Re: iPhone app cost

Post by lbmofo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:44 pm

lbmofo wrote:The ooma app is also convenient; works on wifi as well as the 3G network (I think the upload speed on EDGE would be too slow) so basically the app can be used anywhere there is 3G coverage.
Looking at the Ooma Mobile FAQ:
https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeb ... mobile-faq

"As long as you have about 40k of upload and download bandwidth, calls should sound very good."

I was wrong. The app can be used over EDGE as well. I tried the iPhone Ooma app via EDGE; calls sounded very good both ways.

nippyjun

Post by nippyjun » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:15 pm

I haven't read through all the posts in this thread but Ooma may want to consider:

1. give a certain amount of free minutes when you buy the app to offset the cost of the app.
2. make the app free for premier members
3. make the app free for anyone.

My intention and hopes are that Ooma continues to thrive and lowering the entry cost for iphone owners to get the app will only bring more revenue to Ooma in my opinion.

Quicksprj

Post by Quicksprj » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Robwatson1000 wrote:
lbmofo wrote:
southsound wrote:A very interesting outbound CID. The phone I called displayed 883510001577717 on the first line and 883510001577717 on the second line. Now I don't know about you, but if I got a call that said it was from 883510001577717, 883510001577717 I would want to take it because I would know that it was from southsound.
Yeah, someone talked about that before. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8125&p=57306#p57276
The outbound CID is supposed to be the cell phone # if the app is installed on a cellphone.

Did you have to load $5 to use it? If you don't do any international calling, your $5 will run out by itself by October 2011. :)

The terms actually read

"If your account balance is $0.00, the Vonage Mobile call service is not available. If you do not use your Vonage Mobile Account for 12 consecutive months, your account balance will be forfeited. If you do not make calls for 3 consecutive months, your auto-refill will be suspended, however we will continue to charged you for the minimum usage fee."

Not that it makes any difference to me, as i make international call, however, from the terms, you can actually use the phone for up to a year, you will just have to reset the auto refill. anyway, making a pay call once every three month isn't really that difficult. I woul deven consider making a wrong number call for the sake of an extra 2cents
So I'm a little lost. I downloaded the app registered and made a call home over wifi. Had to use the area code but no biggie. Never gave credit card info etc. How do I get charged if they have no way of charging me? Am I gonna get a bill emailed to me in s month or what's the deal?