new telo handset won't work,

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Sylvia Hayes
new telo handset won't work,

Post by Sylvia Hayes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:54 pm

I did register it with the telo device by way of having it find the handset by way of the antenna, but when the phone rings the Telo Handset does not ring and there is no indication that the phone is part of the rest of the system. I just got it a day or two ago and bought it on Amazon. What did I do wrong? The intercom feature does work.
slhayes

ntoy

Re: new telo handset won't work,

Post by ntoy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Hello,

What is displayed on your handset? Are you seeing "handset 1" & not "Telo 100" or "searching"?
Can you make an outbound call from your telo handset?

Would you happen to have a regular phone connected to the "Phone" port on the back of your telo? - can you receive inbound calls? Does Line 1 light up on your telo when someone calls? The envelope button isn't red by any chance.

Sylvia Hayes

Re: new telo handset won't work,

Post by Sylvia Hayes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:05 pm

I figured it out, the handset has to be turned on when it is in the cradle, if I shut off the phone by holding down the red handset it totally shuts off the phone and it will not ring if it is put back on the cradle that way. If I just hit the red handset button momentarily it is enough to hang up the phone and still keep the display for the handset number etc.
slhayes