Busy line /call forwarding

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
samkatz
Busy line /call forwarding

Post by samkatz » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:37 pm

What happens when I'm on the phone? Does an incoming caller automatically get sent to voice mail??

Is there a way to get "line busy call forwarding" like I have on Verizon?? IOW, when I"m on my verizon landline, the calls get forwarded to a number I set up, eg, my cell phone.

thank you

lbmofo

Re: Busy line /call forwarding

Post by lbmofo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:46 pm

samkatz wrote:What happens when I'm on the phone? Does an incoming caller automatically get sent to voice mail??
No, you'll hear call waiting signal indicating you have another call coming in. You'll also see call waiting callerid (lots of Telo users are not seeing this; to be fixed by the next firmware push; ETA Oct). If you have Premier, your (other) Telo handset(s) or phones connected to your Scout(s) will ring as well. If not answered, then the caller would be taken to voicemail.
samkatz wrote:Is there a way to get "line busy call forwarding" like I have on Verizon?? IOW, when I"m on my verizon landline, the calls get forwarded to a number I set up, eg, my cell phone.
If you have Premier, you can multi-ring any number you want including your cell phone.

samkatz

Post by samkatz » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:43 pm

tx.. just to clarify.....one point one....I don't have Scout...I have Telo. So if I plug a second line into the Telo, will it ring and have answering machine pickup if I''m on the line??? I don't like traditional call waiting because if I don't pick up, the caller coming in has to hear just ringing and never gets to leave a v.m.

tx

rt
lbmofo wrote:
samkatz wrote:What happens when I'm on the phone? Does an incoming caller automatically get sent to voice mail??
No, you'll hear call waiting signal indicating you have another call coming in. You'll also see call waiting callerid (lots of Telo users are not seeing this; to be fixed by the next firmware push; ETA Oct). If you have Premier, your (other) Telo handset(s) or phones connected to your Scout(s) will ring as well. If not answered, then the caller would be taken to voicemail.
samkatz wrote:Is there a way to get "line busy call forwarding" like I have on Verizon?? IOW, when I"m on my verizon landline, the calls get forwarded to a number I set up, eg, my cell phone.
If you have Premier, you can multi-ring any number you want including your cell phone.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:30 pm

Sorry, missed your question....Yes, in any case, when calls not answered even when you are on the phone, the caller would be sent to Ooma voicemail.