Configuring first and second line parameters

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
lml999
Configuring first and second line parameters

Post by lml999 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:36 am

Solved...see below...

I've got an Ooma hub and Scout up and running. Everything is working fine...my number was ported over and I just installed the Scout and moved the second line over to it. I have a premier subscription.

Here's my question -- I'd like to have different configurations for the primary (on the hub) and the second line on the Scout. I'd like to have more restrictive blocking on the primary, fewer rings before voicemail and a different email address for emailing VMs.

I haven't been able to do this...in fact, I can't long on to My Ooma for the second line since I moved it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Last edited by lml999 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

murphy

Re: Configuring first and second line parameters

Post by murphy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:40 am

Log in using the second phone number and the password that you specified when you created the personal device.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

lml999

Post by lml999 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:40 pm

I can't log onto the second account, only the primary. Up until I split the second number off the hub, I could log on with that number. After I moved the number onto the Scout, I lost the ability to log on with it. I can still log on to the primary.

If I move the secondary number back to "shared" I can log on using either number. When the secondary is on the Scout, I can't log on to that account...

Lee

lml999

Post by lml999 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:38 pm

lml999 wrote:I've got an Ooma hub and Scout up and running. Everything is working fine...my number was ported over and I just installed the Scout and moved the second line over to it. I have a premier subscription.

Here's my question -- I'd like to have different configurations for the primary (on the hub) and the second line on the Scout. I'd like to have more restrictive blocking on the primary, fewer rings before voicemail and a different email address for emailing VMs.

I haven't been able to do this...in fact, I can't long on to My Ooma for the second line since I moved it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

An update. I called Ooma customer service at 5:30 eastern on Saturday afternoon, talked with someone after being on hold for less than a minute. As I was talking with the rep, i tried logging on again, and was successful. The rep indicated that sometimes it takes a while for passwords to go live...which is why I was not able to log on earlier.

Not quite sure i buy the explanation...but I can now configure the two numbers differently. I'm using the primary as a second line for the house (keeping the old VZ line for fax and alarm), and the secondary as a forwarding target from my company office phone. I'm in the office one day a week, and work at home or am on the road most of the time. Now I will forward my office phone to the secondary Ooma line, so that when I'm home, I'll answer the Ooma line, and when I'm on the road, I'll answer my cell phone (using multi-ring). I have have the ring set to its max so that, hopefully, VZW voice mail will pick up before Ooma VM does...I hate having multiple email systems to check!