Dialtone, but cannot make outbound calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bhosmer
Re: Dialtone, but cannot make outbound calls

Post by bhosmer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:33 am

I set that a while back. It stays alive all the time. So far, the internal mac address setting seems to be the remedy here. Thanks for all of your help.

bhosmer

Post by bhosmer » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:00 pm

I suppose I may have celebrated a little early. Today it dropped out again. A red ooma light after using it for a while. Does anyone have any suggestions? My internet connection was fine and working.

I pulled the power from the hub and then plugged it back in and it reconnected.

I guess I am back to the weekly reset.

dschmidt_2000

Post by dschmidt_2000 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:26 am

bhosmer wrote:Over the past month though, the status light is blue and no other lights are illuminated on my hub or scout. I have a dial tone, but I cannot make outbound calls. I also cannot receive inbound calls.
Can you confirm the above? Later in your posts you say you have a blinking red light when you have problems. I just want to confirm that you did have in all indication a perfectly working system - except that calls could not be made or taken.

I ran into similar problem with my hub last night. My first indication there was a problem is that I had no internet access. Hub was happily blue, gave a dialtone, but outgoing calls would not complete.

This is my thread on my problems that sound similar to your very first post.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9454

It's disturbing that progress on people's issues are dropped.
Dave

bhosmer

Post by bhosmer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:19 am

Well, the dialtone issue seems to have been solved.

However, I still have the "no service" issue. Every few days, my ooma scout and hub go red. My internet connection is fine and hasn't dropped out.

I have to unplug the hub, let it sit for a while and then plug it back it. This solves it but is getting rather long in the tooth since I never know when it ooma is going to die.

My original post has morphed into two separate issues I suppose.

bhosmer

Post by bhosmer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:46 am

I did some poking around in my settings and am noticed my network connection was set to automatic.

Since my ooma is behind my router, I changed it to DHCP. Maybe this will fix my issue, since I have pretty consistent dropouts that may coincide to the expiration of lease time.

dschmidt_2000

Post by dschmidt_2000 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:15 am

bhosmer wrote:I did some poking around in my settings and am noticed my network connection was set to automatic.

Since my ooma is behind my router, I changed it to DHCP. Maybe this will fix my issue, since I have pretty consistent dropouts that may coincide to the expiration of lease time.
This is a shot in the dark, but put your hub on it's side.
Mine runs warm and it's cooler on it's side. Wondering if yours is overheating.

bhosmer

Post by bhosmer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:26 am

That is an interesting theory. I wonder if others have heat issues? I know my computer room gets warmer than the rest of the house.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:09 am

bhosmer wrote:That is an interesting theory. I wonder if others have heat issues? I know my computer room gets warmer than the rest of the house.
I have a cable modem, that I no longer use, that would drop it's download speed to 1/20th of the normal value after two hours if it was sitting flat. Placed on it's side it stayed at full speed. This only worked for one side. It still failed if placed on it's other side.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Voip129

Post by Voip129 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:28 pm

I had this exact problem and reviewed all the posts and did all the things recommended and could get no joy. I eventually called Ooma Help and spoke to James. Want to give Kudos to James. He identified a consideration that was not mentioned anywhere in the input going back many years. He asked me whether my handset was set to "Pulse" - signals from the old rotary phone or "Tonë" - the signal from a new digital dial. My first reaction was to dismiss this as not relevant because I had a new digital handset. However, there was indeed a setting to change between the two and my handset had been accidentally reset to "Pulse". I switched it back to "Tone" and PROBLEM SOLVED. Why could this simple solution not be front and center on this forum? Again kudos to Ooma Help Desk in the form of James. This is my first post on any forum and is dedicated to James.