Do Not Disturb Scheduling

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
VillageAds
Do Not Disturb Scheduling

Post by VillageAds » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:53 pm

I run a business from my home and I want the phone to automatically enable DND at 5:30 PM and disable it at 7:30 AM. And since it is a 4 day a week business, having the ability to set days as well as hours would be great!

Thanks,
Tim

DanCallies

Re: Do Not Disturb Scheduling

Post by DanCallies » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:32 pm

I second this suggestion. I was trying to figure out a way to do this on my own. Don't have a business, but would love it if the phone didn't bother me at night, but would turn back on in the morning. I often times (including this evening) set the DND on the hub, but then forget to turn it off in the morning until I notice the VM blinking at me. Additionally when everyone is at school and work, what is the point of the phone ringing repeatedly when I know noone is at home? This would be an excellent addition to the system!!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Someone mentioned a great workaround. Dig out your xmas light timer, plug your ooma into it.

dschmidt_2000

Post by dschmidt_2000 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:19 pm

FWIW my Panasonic DECT phones have this feature. Set a 'do not disturb' on a per handset basis. Can't specify day of week though, just everyday.

VillageAds

Post by VillageAds » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:00 am

Not sure that I like the christmas-light timer because I often work on my off times and have to make outbound phone calls, I just don't want them coming in. And I bought the Ooma Telo Handset because I didn't already have a phone to use with it. This is the first home phone I've had in over 10 years.

Thanks for the ideas though. I certainly appreciate them.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:00 pm

VillageAds, other than xmas timer idea, you can look into your router's access control functionality (if Ooma is connected to the router). I can, for example, block all internet access (selective filtering available as well) to my Ooma (or any computer) with a cutomizable schedule.

If you do this though, make sure your router gets time automatically set through a NTP server such as time1.google.com