Re: ooma Service Status

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
lohertz

Post by lohertz » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:37 pm

okypinoky wrote: You are joking, right?? The Service Interruption was "posted" Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:48 pm.

No one can help outages.
Crap happens.
Things are back up when they are back up.

But stupidity like not updating the simple date of their service post - that is totally inexcusable. Period.

Not complaining - just don't make excuses for them.

That info should be right on their USERS "home page" (i.e. after you log in). Kind of like MobileMe (and we all know what kind of mess they can be!!!)
That is very common in forums to sticky a thread then updated it and continually update it from time to time.

highlevelweb

Post by highlevelweb » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:38 pm

I agree with duckwingduck I have had Ooma for almost 2 years and this is the first time I have seen it go out. My internet goes out more than the Ooma itself.

This thing paid itself off long ago and I get premiere simply to help Ooma have revenue as I dont really need the second line but aside from the cocky kids that answer the phones the Unit and service is outstanding I think Andrew Frame nailed this one but Customer Service sucks!

Once this company of only 45-50 people Might I add gets good customer service they will be unstoppable and I am sure they are working on a video unit as we speak.

scorpio767er

Post by scorpio767er » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:38 pm

rully wrote:
scorpio767er wrote:Still no service in Washington, DC

I called the Ooma line and it rings busy. They should have sent an email message to all customers letting them know what was going on.

I am also looking forward to Ooma Telo.

What's Ooma Telo?
The Telo offers unlimited, free VoIP calls over the Internet across the US and features a new, cordless handset offering high-def DECT 6.0 voice, a connected phonebook, mobile transfer, speaker phone and musical ringtones. The kit is expandable to six handsets and judging from the base unit, we're looking at an answering machine as well. Apparently Telo also integrates your cellphone into the mix somehow, something the current Ooma can't do. According to Rich Buchanan, Ooma's chief marketing officer, Telo "helps combine the home phone and cell phone so you can enjoy the benefits of both without any compromises." We'll figure out how once the floor show opens tomorrow. Telo will be available in the first half of 2009 for an undisclosed price.
Last edited by scorpio767er on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:39 pm

The first post in this thread is accurate status as of today in spite of the date on it.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Deven

Post by Deven » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:42 pm

lohertz wrote:
Deven wrote:Still down in NYC =T. Would appreciate a status page in the future and a detailed explanation for what happened Ooma. Thanks.
Its the first post on this thread
I meant a status page on the ooma website homepage.

dcittech

Post by dcittech » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi,
I am here in VA and am experiencing an outage issue. Tried to call ooma and get a busy signal as well.

would be nice if they put out a message to the general public or would provide a link on their website find out a system status or even an ETA for service again.

forest

Post by forest » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:54 pm

I just appreciate the fact I can log in and see you have posted there is a problem so I don't have to worry about it on my end.

Not many companies do that, so thanks!

Forest

dogdad

Post by dogdad » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:58 pm

Service back at 4:58 cdt in Minneapolis.
And gone again at 5:01.
Last edited by dogdad on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeskremer

Post by jeskremer » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Outage in SE Wisconsin also.

buckoo

Post by buckoo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Blue, blue, my light is blue....oh what a sight to have a blue light!

So much for blue.....back to red in KCMO
Last edited by buckoo on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.