Port landline to OOMA and port it out without cancelling.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
milanored
Port landline to OOMA and port it out without cancelling.

Post by milanored » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:54 pm

I would appreciate it if anyone can shed some light on the question that is puzzling me right now. I have a ooma number right now and I am thinking to port my landline number to my "core basic" ooma account (no premier account). I assume my landline number will replace the current ooma number after the landline number is ported. What if I decided to move my landline number back to the telco and still keeping the ooma account active? Can this be done? Or am I going to lose my ooma account after porting out my original landline number? Can I get back a ooma number after port-out? Is there any fees associated with it?

lbmofo

Re: Port landline to OOMA and port it out without cancelling.

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:13 pm

You probably want to call customer service to find out the best way to go about it.

Here is what I think needs to happen:
  • Subscribe to Premier.
  • Get a 2nd number.
  • Call customer service and make the number you want to port out the secondary number.
  • Port out.

milanored

Post by milanored » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:25 pm

lbmofo wrote:You probably want to call customer service to find out the best way to go about it.

Here is what I think needs to happen:
  • Subscribe to Premier.
  • Get a 2nd number.
  • Call customer service and make the number you want to port out the secondary number.
  • Port out.
Thanks for the tip! I am wondering if there's any way to do it without touching the premier service.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:26 pm

With my method, you'll have to sign up to Premier for at least 1 month to keep 2 numbers in your account but you can ask CS to find out if there is a better way.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 am

Hello,

What if I decided to move my landline number back to the telco and still keeping the ooma account active?Can this be done?
Reply>As long as your Ooma account isn't cancelled, it will remain intact. You will need to contact us to inform us that your number has been ported out to the telco so that we can remove the number from our inventory. You will also need to ask for another number in order for your Ooma device to work properly - there is a $19.99 charge for callerid name.

Or am I going to lose my ooma account after porting out my original landline number?
Reply>I'm not sure about the future once things are automated. If our carriers notify us of ported out numbers & accounts become cancelled as a result.

Can I get back a ooma number after port-out?
Reply> If it is still available

Is there any fees associated with it?
Reply> There is a $19.99 charge to re-provision callerid name for the number.

milanored

Post by milanored » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Thank you guys for the reply.

According to ntoy, it seems that once the "system is automated", my ooma account may got cancelled automatically. So ni this case, I need to have a second number (Premier) just as "lbmofo" suggested.