Calls fail to show up in log

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
BJN2
Calls fail to show up in log

Post by BJN2 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 am

I get frequent calls from a number that leaves brief blank messages. These calls show up in the message list, but never show up in the call log so I can block the number. How do robocallers circumvent the Ooma call log?

Where do customer send feature requests? The problem would be easily solved by allowing manual entry of a number to a personal blacklist.

BJN2

Re: Calls fail to show up in log

Post by BJN2 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:11 am

I went back through my settings, and found that I had actually entered the number in question via the personal blacklist control panel (my modified feature request, provide access to blacklist additions via a message log control). I had my personal blacklist set to the default "send to voicemail", so I changed that to the disconnect message. If I'm interpreting the settings correctly, I assume this will fix the problem. I don't understand why a blocked number that can leave a message isn't listed in the call log - with a flag that indicates blacklist status.

StevenJohn

Post by StevenJohn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:04 am

Sometimes the call log is really slow to update. I do wish that was fixed.

sj

cylooma

Post by cylooma » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:36 am

BJN2 wrote:I went back through my settings, and found that I had actually entered the number in question via the personal blacklist control panel (my modified feature request, provide access to blacklist additions via a message log control). I had my personal blacklist set to the default "send to voicemail", so I changed that to the disconnect message. If I'm interpreting the settings correctly, I assume this will fix the problem. I don't understand why a blocked number that can leave a message isn't listed in the call log - with a flag that indicates blacklist status.
I have the exact settings as yours and experience the same. Whenever I add a number to the blacklist, the number will not show on the call log anymore. It is weird.
Cox HSI -> Motorola cable modem -> Netgear wndr3700 w/ Qos -> Ooma Telo -> Uniden DECT2188-3