Voicemail service not available

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mbronto
Voicemail service not available

Post by mbronto » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:07 pm

I am new to Ooma. I installed the system and can make and receive calls no problem. I can receive and retrieve voicemail messages too. For some reason, when I look at "My Ooma" online, there is an error when I go to view the voicemail tab. It simply says "Inbox is currently unavailable, please try again later" and this is highlighted in red. Any thoughts? It has been like this since I installed it (so basically, all day).
Mike

murphy

Re: Voicemail service not available

Post by murphy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Did you configure voicemail?
Do you have Flash installed on your computer?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

mbronto

Post by mbronto » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Yes, my voicemail is configured. I have flash installed on my computer.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Déjà vu

This is not always the way it is but I'd give it some time.

SecurityTech

Post by SecurityTech » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:59 pm

I must also confirm that I am receiving the same "Service Not Available" message sporadically. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it does not. I have experienced the same problem on both IE 8 and Chrome. So far, I have found the voicemail interface to be quite unreliable and unpredictable. The other problem I have seen is selecting items for the trash can. I find this sometimes deletes the wrong VM. These problems are characteristic of immature quality processes in the development of the software. I suggest that Ooma management focus intently on instilling rigor in its software quality processes. A good start would be SEI CMMi.

pushout

Post by pushout » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:25 am

I am also receiving "Service Not Available", "Error500" message in Voicemail. I am unable to move messages into Voicemail folders or even open any of the folders that I previously setup in Voicemail. It is a pain not to see my previous voicemails which I were able to at one time. At least I am not alone it appears. WOW, The Ooma techs are fast. :shock: After posting this problem I went back to Voicemail and NO problem.

Ken

Post by Ken » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Over the past many months, I have experienced numerous periods where attempts to play any voicemail via the My Oooma web portal results in a Service Unavailable error message. This is usually self-correcting after a few hours or days -- logging out and back in and/or clearing cookies sometimes helps to remedy.

But as of a few days ago, I am now finding that voicemails from blocked caller IDs that list as "Unknown caller" consistently do not play (even the older ones previously listened to), nor can they be marked as new. It results in the dreaded "Service temporarily unavailable. Please try again." red error message. Voicemails with actual callerID or contact names, however, still work fine! I have reproduced the same results on other computers and browsers, so this doesn't appear to be the same session issue previously observed.

Is anyone else seeing similar behavior? Any work-arounds?

Thanks!

-- ken
Service/Hardware: Core/Hub

illcar

Post by illcar » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:13 pm

I recently got ooma, and I have similar questions.

1. Does ooma voicemail come with the basic service? What do I need to do to configure it? How do I access ooma voicemail from my cell phone? There are already voicemail preferences on my.ooma.com

2. At present, I believe I have premier service. However, when my phone is offline & if I call it from my cell, I do not get voicemail. I get service unavailable message.

3. There was a welcome message from ooma in my inbox when I got the phone working. But I could not play the message from my.ooma.com because service was unavailable. Now the message is has disappeared from inbox. Is that normal? How many days the message stays in mailbox?

On the unrelated note, does ooma charge my credit card in user profile every month, or will I get paper statement in US mail every month?

TIA.

Ken

Post by Ken » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:46 am

Here's an update to the problem I described in my earlier post: I reported the issue to customer support earlier this month, and I just called them to check on the status. I was informed that they have a fix in their QA and they plan to push it later this week. So hopefully it will be fixed by next week! :-)

ddr4c0l1th

Post by ddr4c0l1th » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:44 pm

And yet 3 weeks later it still remains the same. The voicemail web interface is very inefficient as it is. I constantly have to keep clicking on the inbox to display messages that are older than a day. The delete randomly reports a error. I have to click on inbox again to refresh the list to try and delete it again. Quite frequently, as well, is an issue when clicking on a message to play, it may play a different message that was already deleted. :x

Please, Ooma, fix this interface. I would much rather use this than the Hub / handset method. And while I'm in a requesting mood, I would like to be able to check for new messages from my $11 iphone app. I've already accepted the fact that its treated as a service separate from the premier and is prepaid. Operational costs need to be obtained somehow from such a wonderful service. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ooma. I recommend it to all my Internet subscribers using broadband. I just think a couple features need some tweaking.

Thanks/Regards