3 Way Calling

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
ntoy
Re: 3 Way Calling

Post by ntoy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:46 am

Hello FreePhone,

Sorry, no a la carte option for 3 way calling without premier. A long time ago, there were talks about having
individual services.

gvkovai

Post by gvkovai » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:47 am

I do have premier, but I could not make 3-way calling work without telo handset. Telo handset is aweful with poor quality and many more....

I am trying to use my Panasonic TG9344T handset to get 3-way calling since i do not have closer access to Telo to press buttons on them. Any help here would be much appreciated. Otherwise, premier feature is not really useful to me.

Thanks.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:51 am

Hello gvkovai,

I do understand the convenience of being able to use handsets for 3 way calling. However, this would be an enhancement request.

gvkovai

Post by gvkovai » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks for the response. Can I know when this enhancement will be made? By searching forums, people seem to be looking for this feature from 2008 at the least.

With the premier and my international calling plan (1000 mins) and tax, cost me about $25 which is exactly like (may be $2 more for vonage) I would pay to other carriers even with more international minutes. I am saying this because 3-way calling is something exists in the industry for a long time, I wonder why Ooma restricts that even for Premier customers. I really do like Ooma because of some technical aspects like GE. But this 3-way calling is really not acceptable to me for a long time, if the feature is not coming out anytime sooner.

Please do let me know the timeframe. Thanks.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Ooma has 3 way (conference) calling if you have Premier.
Make a call from the phone connected to the Telo phone port.
Press the flash key on the telephone.
Make the second call.
Press the 1 and 2 buttons on the Telo at the same time.
Does that not work for you?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:45 pm

murphy wrote:Press the 1 and 2 buttons on the Telo at the same time.
Does that not work for you?
gvkovai wrote:I am trying to use my Panasonic TG9344T handset to get 3-way calling since i do not have closer access to Telo to press buttons on them.

gvkovai

Post by gvkovai » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:18 am

Thank you ibmofo. I was not sure how many times should I have to repeat the same thing over and over again.

I do not have closer access to Telo and can not live close by whenever I have to make a 3-way call. I am not sure what Ooma think as an innovation here, when handsets were already doing it. It's kinda backward on Oomas part.

Please, stop telling me to use Telo. Help me using Panasonic handset without touching telo. Thanks.

dghir

Post by dghir » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:20 am

Gvkovai,

The Posters are not referring to the Telo Handset here, but to the Telo Hub. I just tried the feature using my Vtech cordless handset. I placed a call then hit the flash button and got a Ooma dial tone. At that point point both 1 and 2 were illuminated on my Telo Hub (box). I pressed both down at the same time and ...... a 3 way call was made.

Hope this helps

dghir

Post by dghir » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 am

One more thing,

This also works using the Hub instead of the flash button on you handset. Place your call on your cordless, then tap line 2 on the Hub and dial, then tap 1 & 2 together to connect

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:15 pm

dghir wrote:Gvkovai,

The Posters are not referring to the Telo Handset here, but to the Telo Hub. I just tried the feature using my Vtech cordless handset. I placed a call then hit the flash button and got a Ooma dial tone. At that point point both 1 and 2 were illuminated on my Telo Hub (box). I pressed both down at the same time and ...... a 3 way call was made.

Hope this helps
How could it help when you totally ignore the OP's problem:
I am trying to use my Panasonic TG9344T handset to get 3-way calling since i do not have closer access to Telo to press buttons on them. Any help here would be much appreciated.

This has already been pointed out by gvkovai and recognized by another poster who said the same thing you did earlier in the thread. Have you considered that reading a thread might be a requirement before making a reply? Otherwise you just look a little silly. :shock:

By the way, welcome to ooma.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.